2012 VR: 580
2012 QR: 656
2012 AR: 633
2012 DA: 646

2013 VR: 556
2013 QR: 655
2013 AR: 661
2013 DA: 771 (lols)

The biggest news here is that, evidently as I predicted earlier, DA has ****ed the scores up. Without a doubt it is responsible for last year's 90th percentile (.9 decile) now being this years 0.7 decile. It really is ridiculous!

I'm worried because Barts A101 interviewed at 2820 last year, almost top decile then. Now that's around 3030 and I'm worried because I have 2960! So frustrating.

All the best to everyone

Matt
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, thanks for sharing this!

The link you shared is for the 2012 statistics, do you know where the 2013 statistics can be found?

Found the stats here: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf
(edited 10 years ago)
I can't believe they messed up the DA so badly this year!
Reply 3
660 is a pretty damn high average score.
Original post by oz40
660 is a pretty damn high average score.

I'm more worried about needing 3030 to get in the top 10%. Puts me in the top 16.5% or so :\
Reply 5
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Razer_M
Your link goes to the 2012 results, not 2013?

My bad, fixed.
Reply 8
Original post by MJK91
I'm more worried about needing 3030 to get in the top 10%. Puts me in the top 16.5% or so :\

I got 3060. Am I safe?
Original post by oz40
I got 3060. Am I safe?

What do you think? If you're in the top 10%...
Reply 10
Original post by MJK91
What do you think? If you're in the top 10%...

Do we have statistics on the number of people who take the UKCAT each year?
Original post by oz40
Do we have statistics on the number of people who take the UKCAT each year?

Not yet but it's over 25,000 this year according to their Twitter feed.
Reply 12
Original post by MJK91

That's far, far higher than I anticipated. Hopefully graduates represent a very small minority of that number!
Reply 13
Original post by oz40
That's far, far higher than I anticipated. Hopefully graduates represent a very small minority of that number!

A lot of graduates will have done the GAMSAT/BMAT instead, but I imagine most applicants will have done the UKCAT, I'm afraid!
Reply 14
So evidently the scores for Uni's such as King's and Warwick will rise... does anyone have an idea about what will happen to Imperial's grad cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ol.h46
So evidently the scores for Uni's such as King's and Warwick will rise... does anyone have an idea about what will happen to Imperial's grad cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imperial are elusive; no one truly knows exactly how they decide. It was 640 last year in every section, but that's the bare minimum. In reality most applicants will have higher section scores than that.

I suppose since VR scores have gone down, it may stay the same. Fingers crossed!

As for King's, I'm so glad I avoided them in the end. 730 last year will no doubt be 760+ this year!
Reply 16
Original post by ol.h46

Posted from TSR Mobile

I phoned Imperial and they told me that I should apply since I meet the cut off, even though I only have 640 VR.

The average for VR has gone down so perhaps there is hope.
Original post by oz40
I phoned Imperial and they told me that I should apply since I meet the cut off, even though I only have 640 VR.

The average for VR has gone down so perhaps there is hope.

Thanks for that. I feel more hopeful :smile:
Original post by MJK91

take into account all the year 11's who take it as a practice and the Dentists who will be taking it too!
Reply 19
Original post by MJK91
Thanks for that. I feel more hopeful :smile:

Keep in mind that my phone call isn't really a confirmation of anything! But that's what admissions advised me. They don't really know what the actual cut off will be, but it's remained the same for the past two years, so fingers crossed. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending