The Student Room Group

Nick Clegg promises not to raise tuition fees (again)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Strangely, this pledge might actually work against him for those whose votes he's trying to get, in that it's reminded people of a betrayal and also implied he thinks they're stupid enough to believe him.
so does this mean the tuition fees are going to raise?
I take his word - if tuition fees were raised to £16,000 a year, no one would ever consider going to university - only the rich upper class. Most potential students would be on job seekers allowance and unemployment figures would shoot up.
Reply 23
Couldn't the new students then study abroad and not have to pay as much if at all?
Oh yeah, Cleggy?! And we should believe you because...? Slimeball.
Reply 25
Whoahhhhhhhhhhhh-ho-ho... Nick Clegg is a Liar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a bastard!
Compulsive liar
Original post by Mystery_Man
I take his word - if tuition fees were raised to £16,000 a year, no one would ever consider going to university - only the rich upper class. Most potential students would be on job seekers allowance and unemployment figures would shoot up.

I'm not sure I agree with that UNLESS up front fees of some description were introduced. Given that most students will never pay off the 27k under the current repayment system, increasing tuition fees would make no difference to most students unless the repayment system was changed.
Reply 29
I am not voting for Lib Dems ever. They have lost a generation of voters because of their lies already.... I don't really like any politician / party atm so I don't think im going to vote.

If I had to I would probably vote for conservatives because i think they have made some progress and are clearing up the mess left behind by labour.
Reply 30
Original post by Kutta
I am not voting for Lib Dems ever. They have lost a generation of voters because of their lies already.... I don't really like any politician / party atm so I don't think im going to vote.

If I had to I would probably vote for conservatives because i think they have made some progress and are clearing up the mess left behind by labour.

Labour are Tories. New Labour anyway were inspired by the policies of Thatcher, so you could say it's the Conservatives who still left the mess.

It's the Tories who left the most scars and virtually destroyed my community making it what it is today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Wouldn't it be glorious if the Liberal Democrats become the fourth party because of all the lost votes? Might teach future politicians not to U turn on policies.
Reply 32
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Wouldn't it be glorious if the Liberal Democrats become the fourth party because of all the lost votes? Might teach future politicians not to U turn on policies.

What, to most likely be replaced by UKIP? I dislike the Lib Dems immensely but UKIP as a third party? No thanks.
Reply 33
BBC news: Nick Clegg has suffered a herniated disc in an accident.

Wouldn't you need a back bone for that?
Reply 34
Original post by Mystery_Man

£16,000 to lose the vertebrae ..its expensive business to be a real slimeball, others mere mortals would have to go without a Uni Degree ..so be it
Reply 35
I'm going to uni later this year, and I can safely guarantee that the current fees aren't much of a problem. Trust me, find out how the system works and you'll wonder why everyone is so angry. Personally, I think they did it to discourage 'useless' courses and advocate internships etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by habs10
I'm going to uni later this year, and I can safely guarantee that the current fees aren't much of a problem. Trust me, find out how the system works and you'll wonder why everyone is so angry. Personally, I think they did it to discourage 'useless' courses and advocate internships etc.

If you voted for a party (yes, I know you technically vote for a candidate not a party, but that's not how it really works for most people) because of an issue that was important to you but then that party does the opposite, then either you should be livid or you care so little about politics that you shouldn't have voted in the first place.
Original post by hamijack
What, to most likely be replaced by UKIP? I dislike the Lib Dems immensely but UKIP as a third party? No thanks.

Lib Dems undermine a Labour vote, UKIP undermine a Tory vote. You basically get to pick between those two, and let's face it: There's not much difference.
Reply 38
Words from this spineless prick? I believe it that tuition fees won't go up, it doesn't go up for all but every 7-10 years and yeah it's not going up again any time soon. Still doesn't change the fact he is a spineless bull****ting prick.
Slimy c**t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending