The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Will everyone receive "An update on your LSE application"?

I got a letter from LSE today and I applied for Business Mathematics and Statistics.

"Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application.
I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.
I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application."

How many students received the letter and does it mean I will receive decision from LSE in two weeks?

Scroll to see replies

I got one today too; i doubt it means they'll give us a decision in two weeks though :s-smilie:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by tiffany_wu888
I got one today too; i doubt it means they'll give us a decision in two weeks though :s-smilie:

Do you receive acknowledgement letter from them?
Original post by yxcai
Do you receive acknowledgement letter from them?

what do you mean? I got the one that you described in your post
Reply 4
what do you mean? I got the one that you described in your post

你也是中国人吗~
Did any of you get the "I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for....." email after the other email?
Original post by yxcai
你也是中国人吗~

是啊
Original post by charlottiebottie
Did any of you get the "I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for....." email after the other email?

nope not yet
when did you submit your app?
nope not yet
when did you submit your app?
last wednesday...fingers crossed
Reply 9
Original post by yxcai
你也是中国人吗~

是啊

我喜欢功夫

:tongue:
Original post by Chab-Chab
我喜欢功夫

:tongue:

hahaa that'a awesome :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by charlottiebottie

Yes I did! recieved it 11 days after my Ucas was sent out. does this usually mean good news?
Original post by ida3388
Yes I did! recieved it 11 days after my Ucas was sent out. does this usually mean good news?

it means you at least made it past the first round! some people have already been rejected (!!!)
it means you at least made it past the first round! some people have already been rejected (!!!)

But i heard someone got an offer after they received the' two-week ' e-mail without getting the 'strong enough' one.
Original post by HarryG-----1996
But i heard someone got an offer after they received the' two-week ' e-mail without getting the 'strong enough' one.

true. if you're super super good i guess they'll want to make you an offer immediately.
Yxcai, what are you grades and predictions like? Have you received an offer from lse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Also received that "strong enough" email and it tells me to wait next 7 weeks :smile:.

Sent off application on the 2nd January. Applying for Management course as international student.
Original post by eloo
Also received that "strong enough" email and it tells me to wait next 7 weeks :smile:.

Sent off application on the 2nd January. Applying for Management course as international student.

I got the same mail on Friday and im an international student too!! What were ur GCSE and AS grades?
Reply 18
I wish I would take A levels or IB :frown: now it is too late. I am taking Polish Baccalaureate - New Matura, hope it does not disadvantage me at some point.

If it helps, the required grade for BSc Management is 85% overall (has to include at least 85% in extended maths) and my predicted grade is 85% in maths and 88% overall.
Reply 19
I had the email "wait two weeks" two weeks ago. How much time am I going to wait, now?
(Applying for the management course as an international student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending