The Student Room Group

F336 individual investigation - Bonding in Aspirin ?

Hi

I'm just wondering, in my chemical ideas part would it be relevant to talk about the bonding in aspirin ?

And if so can someone tell me what types of bonds are found in aspirin

Thanks
Mainly covalent bonds? Or are you hoping for a more advanced answer?!
Reply 2
Original post by User32432432
Hi

I'm just wondering, in my chemical ideas part would it be relevant to talk about the bonding in aspirin ?

And if so can someone tell me what types of bonds are found in aspirin

Thanks

Are you referring to the bonds present, or the type of bond?
Having marked F336, "listing" the bonds for an organic compound isn't important, understanding the chemical transformations is. A mention of the pharmacological role might link into the types of intermolecular interactions that might take place might be useful perhaps.

When it comes to the specific bonds in the molecule, if you can't either work that information out for yourself, or look it up, you might want to find another practical. By Yr13 you should be perfectly happy with displayed formula or skeletal structures and be able to understand the bonding from a diagram.
Reply 4
Original post by UltimatePanda
Mainly covalent bonds? Or are you hoping for a more advanced answer?!

Yeah lol hahaha
Reply 5
Original post by Dualcore
Are you referring to the bonds present, or the type of bond?

Both
Reply 6
Original post by gingerbreadman85
Having marked F336, "listing" the bonds for an organic compound isn't important, understanding the chemical transformations is. A mention of the pharmacological role might link into the types of intermolecular interactions that might take place might be useful perhaps.

When it comes to the specific bonds in the molecule, if you can't either work that information out for yourself, or look it up, you might want to find another practical. By Yr13 you should be perfectly happy with displayed formula or skeletal structures and be able to understand the bonding from a diagram.

Did you get my message ? You can just say no if your not allowed to assess what I have done so far

Quick Reply

Latest