The Student Room Group

Do you agree/disagree with the death penalty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aniaa
me? when so?

Original post by Aniaa
if a man kills hundred of people he should either receive a permanent prison or death penalty.As to rapers, I think they should be castrated but not killed

Post #14
Reply 121
Original post by Architecture-er
Post #14

oh...okay then. Well, I do think so that :smile:
I am American but moved here when I was going through school. Yes I agree with. It respects the loss of innocent life and is pro humanity. Why should they have life if they deprived someone of theirs?

It should be a punishment for aggravated murder, rape, particularly child rape. I think some states still have it for child rape.

I am not a fan of lethal injection though, takes away some of the closure and fear. Electric chair must be the default choice, not a secondary option.
Original post by Just Another Girly
Yh but an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
In anycase deaths an easy way out but lets say the person goes to jail and he drops the soap....
That will be her/his life forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does that even mean? You do realise there is around 14 billion eyes balls in the world, your stupid ghandi quote means nothing in this debate. Its not a justifiable argument, its not factual, and its doesnt even have a meaning.

And what if they are homosexual and extremely casual? It would be heaven for them. Besides, i think using stereotypes to show how prison is so bad because everyone "drops the soap" is not only stupid, but pure ignorance of what life is like in prison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
it depends really. who should die: innocent people or guilty people?

death penalty kills guilty people and consequently prevents deaths of innocent people at the minute risk of incorrectly sentencing someone innocent. people shouldn't get a second chance for premeditated murder or rape.
If he give human life. It is only him can take it. not court.Death penalty is a curse not justice.God if you ever gave us science when you drop that apple to Newton, please drop another apple to give us wisdom that human shall not judge to take away life even on road , park or in court.sorry for my English.
You are kidding???? No they don’t have a choice. They are biased.
No. I believe people deserve to die. But a machine or method does not exist where we can convict criminals with 100% accuracy. And for me the life of 1 innocent person is worth more than the death of 10000 criminals.
I guess the main purpose of prison is rehabilitation and so it also makes sense that the death penalty be put into place if there is no chance of rehabilitation or no need for it (as they won’t be getting out anyway if they have a life sentence). However, with many people wrongfully convicted, there’s a risk of innocent people being killed if the death penalty is used. Difficult to reach a conclusion on this topic.
1. How do you know some people are beyond rehabilitation?
2. Even if there are people who are beyond rehabilitation what benefit does killing them bring?

Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard for all criminal prosecutions
Original post by BenK64
No. I believe people deserve to die. But a machine or method does not exist where we can convict criminals with 100% accuracy. And for me the life of 1 innocent person is worth more than the death of 10000 criminals.

The point you raise is exactly why I don’t believe killing someone to be correct. We can’t be 100% sure. I also feel for the jury who have to make the decision some are told we won’t leave this room until we have a unanimous decision. Those who disagree with the outcome have the psychological damage of sentencing that human to death.
That’s not common sense, that’s an extraordinary claim and thus requires evidence.

Why is having a lower prison population better? The cost of capital punishment is not in the means of execution; it’s due to the extra length of trials, the number of appeals, the cost of death row wings etc. a quick look into any research done in a developed country that uses the death penalty will show you how much more expensive it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending