The Student Room Group

Feminists now hating on charity events

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10377002/University-rowers-strip-naked-for-charity-calendar.html

So Ladies and Gentlemen, is stripping naked for a calendar (with their privates covered) for charity, a form of sexism as the feminists seem to claim? Or is this just another pathetic attempt by feminists to hate on anything and everyone for whatever reason they can find?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I love how no guys have stepped in to protest the Warwick male rowing calendar
Reply 2
It's funny how some feminists claims to be for women's rights and the choice to do what they want with their body until it offends them. I think we all know the reason why they got pissed off................

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
I love how no guys have stepped in to protest the Warwick male rowing calendar

So there's a male one too?

If that's the case, how could it possibly be sexist?
Original post by Psyk
So there's a male one too?

If that's the case, how could it possibly be sexist?

I suspect many who are offended by the idea of the female calendar are not aware they run a male version and not just to counter the sexism remarks; they have done both genders for many years!
Wow...even naked chicks can't stop rowing being boring lol
Original post by the mezzil
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10377002/University-rowers-strip-naked-for-charity-calendar.html

So Ladies and Gentlemen, is stripping naked for a calendar (with their privates covered) for charity, a form of sexism as the feminists seem to claim? Or is this just another pathetic attempt by feminists to hate on anything and everyone for whatever reason they can find?

I'm a feminist, and I really don't see a problem with this.

:h:
Phwoooar I would certainly buy that calendar and that's saying something , only calendar I've had was an advent one in primary school.
Original post by iheartdjokovic
I'm a feminist, and I really don't see a problem with this.

This is such a commonly encountered thing.
Very often, many feminists want different things, which in many cases are completely contradictory.
Reply 9
lol feminists
Because there are never any guys rugby, football, or rowing calendars, they even said their equivalent male team has put out a calendar for the last 4 years.
Just because something is for charity doesn't mean it is exempt from criticism. But I personally couldn't give a **** about this particular incident.

Edit: It doesn't even look like anyone complained about this. A few people complained last time so The Telegraph have taken the opportunity to post some pictures of some young naked women. Eww.
(edited 10 years ago)
I personally hate hardcore feminists . Only on the basis of them judging all men...... I know I sound like I'm judging them, but since they clearly state they are feminist they cc
Early have a problem with me. Honestly just **** em, the rate they're going at, they'll be extinct before you know to loooool <<< get it? Because they hate men... And all that stuff ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
If someone says that a women can't take off her clothes if she chooses in a legal situation, they aren't a feminist.
Reply 14
I sort of see what they're saying. There's many ways to fund for charity, why pander to the lowest common denominator and go nude? It is a bit tacky, really. The distinctly creepy "the fishermen were pleased" comments don't exactly help, either.

A large part of feminism is about fighting against the over-sexualisation of women, so I suppose they get frustrated when women use their sexuality as a sales tactic like this instead of considering something else. Still, those girls wanted to do it and did so of their own volition, so there's not much point in getting worked up over it. :dontknow: It's their choice.
Why can't some feminists (as not all are like this) just let other women do what they want - their bodies, their rights. Besides, it was for a good cause. Have any feminist (I mean the whiney, annoying kind) groups done anything for charity recently? Anything that's got in the news?
Reply 16
Original post by IlexBlue
There's many ways to fund for charity, why pander to the lowest common denominator and go nude? It is a bit tacky, really.

And this is why feminists are snobs. Girls doing what they want with their own bodies... still room to complain they're not behaving in a way you want them to.
Original post by Algorithm69
Probably because most feminists look like this:

Bill-Bailey1.jpg

So witty So original :yawn:

OP I don't have a problem with it
Reply 18
Original post by Ripper-Roo
And this is why feminists are snobs. Girls doing what they want with their own bodies... still room to complain they're not behaving in a way you want them to.

I can have an opinion, you know, and I just happen to find it a bit overdone and tacky. :rolleyes: But all women should have a choice, and ultimately, that is theirs. They were happy to do so.

Anyway, it's not even so much as about being "proper" as it is to do with the issue of objectification. The comment section showcased it rather well.
Reply 19
There's only one true feminist I have seen in the past year or so and that is Malala Yousafzai. But then again nothing she says will give western women an advantage. So why listen to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending