The Student Room Group

Marked harshly.....

I handed in my first piece of coursework for business and only got a C,I know A levels are a big leap from gcses but i am sure i should of got higher because of many reasons: *All the things she said to improve I actually already was in my work( I know this because i asked the head of business and he looked at it and agreed that maybe my teacher mis-marked it and apparenlty by her standards it was the layout.What i don't get is i don't think that 40% of marks is layout it said in the mark scheme it only made 20%.I just think prehaps my teacher has taken a disliking to me but i don't even know why I work hard and i don't mess about in class either
Reply 1
If your Head of Business agrees you're working at a higher level then just keep doing what you're doing. When it comes to exams you'll be marked by someone else.
Reply 2
Keep working hard, and the work will pay off.
Reply 3
If it's layout that is the issue maybe look at taking some writing courses or writing in an academic form like those used in university's including a referencing system, she may just be pushing you to try harder next time and giving you a theoretical kick up the bum
If however you feel that she may be discriminating against you take it up with the head of department and follow a grievance procedure, I'm sure your school has one

Matt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending