The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

University of East London Applicants 2014

University of East London Applicants 2014

Welcome to the University of East London 2014 Applicants thread. This thread is for anyone thinking of joining the university, as well as current students, to discuss anything university related such as the university in detail, courses, accommodation, the local area, UEL campuses, night life, freshers week etc.

State your name, location, the course your applying for and what universities your applying for :smile:

Also don't forget to join the UEL society which can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2392.

For a guide on accommodation at UEL as well as off campus accommodation in London, take a look at this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2243492

UEL Website - http://www.uel.ac.uk/
Accommodation Thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2243492
UEL Society - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2392
UEL Connect/Stalking Page:[URL="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/university_of_east_london" Is here!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone plan going onto Accounting & Finance degree from 2014?
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
How are the requirements like? IB points?
Original post by trickbaby17

Depends on what course and subject you are applying for, as each course, school and subject have different requirements. What course are you thinking of applying for at UEL? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ukstudent1989
Depends on what course and subject you are applying for, as each course, school and subject have different requirements. What course are you thinking of applying for at UEL? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Business Management (Marketing), N500. I have a 28 at IB (not that great, I know).. but I've heard UEL's requirements are not all that high either. I'd like to know whether it's a realistic choice I've made before sending off my UCAS haha. Thanks!
Business Management (Marketing), N500. I have a 28 at IB (not that great, I know).. but I've heard UEL's requirements are not all that high either. I'd like to know whether it's a realistic choice I've made before sending off my UCAS haha. Thanks!

Hi I'm not sure what an IB is which you have stated. However, looking on UEL's website, the entry requirements for the business management and marketing course are 280 UCAS points from a recognised Level 3 qualification (A levels/ BTEC/CACHE Diploma) or Access to HE Diploma (Pass or higher). UEL also requires you to have at least a Grade C in English and Maths GCSE. Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).

The marketing course is very popular at UEL and according to UEL has a 100% overall student satisfaction!
Not seen any feeds about it yet, but who has applied for medical physiology at UEL?, Has anyone got an offer/already on the course? and what grades did you apply with (any BTECS would be helpful)?
Reply 7
Just got an offer 280 ucas on purely btecs
Reply 8

They are really low.
Reply 9
Lowest I've seen. For a reasonable course that is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pepsi_cola1357
Not seen any feeds about it yet, but who has applied for medical physiology at UEL?, Has anyone got an offer/already on the course? and what grades did you apply with (any BTECS would be helpful)?

Got my offer for medical physiology this morning 240 point conditional offer !!!! yay and i am on a forensic science btec
Reply 11
Hey guys! Im new to TRS...just got accepted to UEL. Ill be studying Psychology Online :biggrin:
Reply 12

Hey...Im not studying medical physiology but I found it VERY VERY easy getting into my course (Psychology). They state on the site that u need certain requirements but I feel like they accept students on a circumstance basis. For instance Im 28...been outta school for a while and applied as mature student. I got in on a modular basis which means I have to prove that im capable by successfully completing 2 courses. They do seem very unorganized though I dont know if anyone else feels this way, but Im just glad to have gotten into a uni. And No I didnt provide my high school transcript, I jus filled out an app.
Reply 13
Hi, Im starting a masters course in Immunology 2014, how may days a week do you classes? is it possible for me to continue working alongside?
Original post by boekairia
Hi, Im starting a masters course in Immunology 2014, how may days a week do you classes? is it possible for me to continue working alongside?

Hi, I'm not sure about masters, but when I was doing my undergraduate degree at UEL, I was in 3 to 4 days a week in seminars and lectures. Masters maybe different, as its probably a lot more independent study rather than many lectures and seminars. Also depends what sort of work you are doing. What work will you be doing alongside?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boekairia

Original post by ukstudent1989
Hi, I'm not sure about masters, but when I was doing my undergraduate degree at UEL, I was in 3 to 4 days a week in seminars and lectures. Masters maybe different, as its probably a lot more independent study rather than many lectures and seminars. Also depends what sort of work you are doing. What work will you be doing alongside?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just found this on the UEL website for the MSC Biomedical Immunology course:

"The teaching year is divided into two semesters of roughly equal length. Teaching and assessment of individual modules is completed within each semester. For part-time students for the MSC Biomedical Immunology, attendance is required on one full-day per week, for full-time students attendance is normally two days but this may be increased during the research project." http://www.uel.ac.uk/postgraduate/specs/biomedicalImmunology/
Reply 16
For anyone doing psychology, how long did it take for you to get an offer?
Reply 17
Kirsty!!!
Reply 18
Got my offer for medical physiology this morning 240 point conditional offer !!!! yay and i am on a forensic science btec

Original post by RaquelR.
Hey guys! Im new to TRS...just got accepted to UEL. Ill be studying Psychology Online :biggrin:

Congratulations.
Original post by RaquelR.
Hey...Im not studying medical physiology but I found it VERY VERY easy getting into my course (Psychology). They state on the site that u need certain requirements but I feel like they accept students on a circumstance basis. For instance Im 28...been outta school for a while and applied as mature student. I got in on a modular basis which means I have to prove that im capable by successfully completing 2 courses. They do seem very unorganized though I dont know if anyone else feels this way, but Im just glad to have gotten into a uni. And No I didnt provide my high school transcript, I jus filled out an app.

I wouldn't have said unorganised they were the first uni to get back to me although the departments dont seem capable of talking to each other all i wanted to know is if i could pick up a few modules from another course as well that interest me and they still have not replied to the email. Tried phoning and they just kept transferring me to different departments and still never got a definite answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending