The Student Room Group

Some arguments for 'Being the best...'

Hi:smile:,

Plz, plz, plz tell me some main arguments (both for and against) r fothe following question:

{Q. 'Being the best in not necessarily as important as it is made out to be.' Do you agree? Give detailed reasons in your answer.}

All your valuable help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot for reading...:smile:

Methew
Very interesting. What is the context?

Personally, ambition is what makes me happy. Paradoxically, humans thrive on adversity (bear in mind I'm talking from a middle class UK point of view), and if there isn't any they create some.

However, some people are simply happy to just be. There's a strong argument to say we are driven in school towards the former when a lot of people would be fine with the latter.

Then, of course, there are degrees of 'the best'.
I love being the best at the things that are important to me. It vindicates the time I put in to things. Of course, that doesn't stop me trying to improve. :yep:
Original post by Octohedral
Very interesting. What is the context?

Personally, ambition is what makes me happy. Paradoxically, humans thrive on adversity (bear in mind I'm talking from a middle class UK point of view), and if there isn't any they create some.

However, some people are simply happy to just be. There's a strong argument to say we are driven in school towards the former when a lot of people would be fine with the latter.

Then, of course, there are degrees of 'the best'.

Thank you so much for replying!!!!
The context is: this topic of argument came in my English Language As past paper and I have no idea how to handle such a question...There are many topics of two to three lines each and you have to choose one...

Your explanation has given me some valuable guidance:smile:. Now I wonder what I could do to continue and exemplify my essay. Any bullet points?

Once again many thanks for your rescuing reply:smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending