The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cristocracy
You need to ask the retailer to mark down the value of the good-which is tantamount to a false declaration.

It is illegal though. The limit for tax-free imports is 35GBP I think

And what would happened if they 'caught' me doing something like that? Just fee me the original duty and VAT? I don't know what the rules are here, but in my home country it is always the seller's responsibility if someone get 'caught'.

Original post by harrybithell196
I'm not 100% sure. I don't think it is as clear cut. I got a bag from Jack Spade shipped over by some American friends and I got hit with £20 from customs. However, J Crew who offer free postage don't declare the cost of the items. On all my paper invoices from them it says £0.00 because they run it all through another company called BorderFree. I guess it depends on how illegal the company wants to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The reason why you don't get charged when ordering from J. Crew is that the VAT and sometimes the duty are included in the price (or applied at the checkout). A lot of American online shops do that, and that's great for us.
Reply 3441
Original post by 0range
Need a new pair of shoes, was thinking of getting something more smarter than converses, what do people think about these?

1) 41svvsUaYNL._SX395_.jpg

2) 8905586933790.jpg

3) 41A1Yvdc88L._SX395_.jpg

If I do buy any of these, I'd always put my jeans over the boots.

Number 2 I reckon
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Looking for some new sunglasses , ideally gold framed black lensed aviators somewhere around 50 /60 quid .

I realise this excludes pretty much all quality brands such as bands or hillfiger but I simply can't justify spending 100 plus on glasses that could be spent on quality shoes or clothes.

Perhaps ebay is my best bet.

I've got a pair of sunglasses fitting that exact description.

Ray Ban RB3016 W0366 Clubmaster.

You'll find it on eBay for exactly the price range you specified as well.
Original post by tehforum
I've got a pair of sunglasses fitting that exact description.

Ray Ban RB3016 W0366 Clubmaster.

You'll find it on eBay for exactly the price range you specified as well.

Cheers m8 ur a ledge , I asumed there would be plenty of fakes on ebay but it now looks promising.

Prsom
Original post by HFF
Number 2 I reckon

He already bought these.
I can't believe it never occurred to me that one could do this with a pocket-watch:

Spoiler

Reply 3446
Team, catwalks full of white jeans, can I now buy white jeans, I want some!
Reply 3447
White jeans in British weather. No thanks.
Couldn't you get by with a sort of ecru colour instead?
$_57.JPG

Most recent purchase :biggrin:
Oxblood shoes, oxblood wallet, oxblood err' thang!

I'm craving a pair of oxblood cap toe
Original post by Tokyoround
Oxblood shoes, oxblood wallet, oxblood err' thang!

I'm craving a pair of oxblood cap toe

oxblood is the GOAT
No love for the oxblood satchel?
Mainly because i'm not a satchel kinda guy, but i'm sure I could appreciate nice leather oxblood satchel.
My student loan came in 2 days ago. Must resist, I'm hoping to save money for something more important to me atm.
Reply 3457
25% off student discount at ASOS, don't mind if I do.
Original post by hafa
25% off student discount at ASOS, don't mind if I do.

Ordered something yesterday. Typical.
Original post by Tom Wigan
Ordered something yesterday. Typical.

order again and return your original order

Latest