The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mdlomax
Got a nice Faux Leather jacket on ebay this week, branded by guess :biggrin: Not bad for £25 if I must say :biggrin:

urgh.

you over paid about £24.99.
What do you guys think of these boots, which would you choose?

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

shoes_iaec1404342.jpg

shoes_idec1404342.jpg

I think I prefer the brown ones, they have a slimmer profile and I feel like the brown would be more versatile, but I do quite like the black, and they're a lot cheaper, around £30 from ebay, whereas the brown ones are about £85 - any thoughts?

EDIT: They're both by J shoes, if anyone has any experience with them I'd appreciate if you could let me know what you think
Reply 4522
Yay/nay?

Navy trousers, light blue shirt (very slight stripe, double cuff), dark grey jacket, derby shoes - what d'ya think? Maybe a navy/gold pocket square to dress it up a bit.

It's for a semi-informal (their words, not mine) meet and greet/coffee evening at Uni. Dress code is "Business Casual", but then goes on to say no suits lol.
Original post by WVL
Yay/nay?

Navy trousers, light blue shirt (very slight stripe, double cuff), dark grey jacket, derby shoes - what d'ya think? Maybe a navy/gold pocket square to dress it up a bit.

It's for a semi-informal (their words, not mine) meet and greet/coffee evening at Uni. Dress code is "Business Casual", but then goes on to say no suits lol.

On the smart side of business casual, but definitely acceptable. Basically separates without the tie.
Where to find a very nice peacoat that wouldn't dent my pocket?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Where to find a very nice peacoat that wouldn't dent my pocket?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uniqlo have one for around £90 that has a good percentage of wool in it.
Looking for something very specific and I'm hoping you guys can help

I'm looking for a denim or leather look gilet that has a wooly collar. Any idea where i can find something like this?
Hi guys,

Im new here, but i have been browsing through these forums for months now.
Basically i need help in choosing the right winter coat + leather jacket.
Max budget 100pound on each item.

Im from the US (Texas) and we do not really experience very cold weather like here so i am stuck on deciding the right brand/type of clothing to buy.
I mostly have urban/streetwear clothing in my wardrobe so what would be the best type of winter jacket to get for a formal and casual setting.
What is popular among people here?. I mostly wear jeans,tee,hoody/sweatshirt and a snapback.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Talking of fashion (or isn't this it?):
can anyone tell me where I can buy a college scarf in double woven (not knitted, not tasselled) wool with the University College London colours on one side and the London University ones on the other? My old one is totally worn out, but I still want to remember my time at UCL. Since I'm VERY old AND a foreigner I don't feel ashamed to wear it. I will probably son be seen dead in it.
Ulf Magnusson
Reply 4529
Original post by Magnusson
Talking of fashion (or isn't this it?):
can anyone tell me where I can buy a college scarf in double woven (not knitted, not tasselled) wool with the University College London colours on one side and the London University ones on the other? My old one is totally worn out, but I still want to remember my time at UCL. Since I'm VERY old AND a foreigner I don't feel ashamed to wear it. I will probably son be seen dead in it.
Ulf Magnusson

have you checked the university webstore? they usually sell this kind of thing.
Anyone know where I can find a denim jacket like this but sleeveless?

image1xl.jpg
Any suggestions to keep in touch with the latest in Men's fashion?
Original post by itsmyname
Anyone know where I can find a denim jacket like this but sleeveless?

image1xl.jpg

http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jackets/denim-waistcoat-c496501p2129210.html

Doesn't have the collar though
Hi guys.

Could any of you check my thread out and tell me what you think? I would really appreciate it. :biggrin:

Looking for one with the same collar
Anyone know if its possible to return an item that you bought for full price which has been marked down recently? I bought something for £70 on from river island about 2 weeks ago and now its price at £52. The other thing is that its too small as well so i wanted to get a new size, so if I was to return it would they give me a refund on my original £70 purchase?
Original post by tw15st3d
Anyone know if its possible to return an item that you bought for full price which has been marked down recently? I bought something for £70 on from river island about 2 weeks ago and now its price at £52. The other thing is that its too small as well so i wanted to get a new size, so if I was to return it would they give me a refund on my original £70 purchase?

If you have a receipt they should give you the full £70 back but if not I think the best you could hope for is the sale price.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
If you have a receipt they should give you the full £70 back but if not I think the best you could hope for is the sale price.

It appears the item is only marked down online and the £52 deal is not available in store ( this is what I'm lead to believe by the 25% off coats offer that is "online only"). Do you think that improves the chances of me being able to return it for the full £70 refund?
Original post by tw15st3d
It appears the item is only marked down online and the £52 deal is not available in store ( this is what I'm lead to believe by the 25% off coats offer that is "online only"). Do you think that improves the chances of me being able to return it for the full £70 refund?

It depends, if you don't have a receipt it's up to the store what they do with regards to refunds.
Which pair of shoes would look better with a black fur parka, white oxford shirt and black jeans?

Adidas ZX Flux in Monochrome Prism pattern or Triple Black colorway? Attachments for your consideration.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest