The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Indigo, imo.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
With a long sleeved black T shirt, would brown shoes look better with light blue jeans or indigo? Will rep!

Assuming that by "light blue" you mean this:

Spoiler

And by "indigo" you mean this:

Spoiler

I'd choose indigo. With that said, when it comes to footwear I generally prefer tan over brown, as the former will complement all but the most anaemic fades of blue-denim whereas the latter really only suits a muted indigo or black wash.

Of course, if you consider shoes an expendable purchase then you can perhaps acquire both; mine tend to be more of a long-term investment however, so until I can comfortably branch out I'll continue to favour the 'premium-but-versatile' MO that is the hallmark of a lean, yet curated wardrobe.
(edited 8 years ago)
Unrelated; can anyone accurately classify this style of jacket?

It's by far my favourite item of winter-wear, however I purchased an 'S' rather than 'XS' in 2010 and have since been unable to find an example of comparable quality in a fit more becoming my frame.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you call the type of black wool jacket which has two rows of buttons with a large collar and funny epaulette thingies and similar things on your wrists?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Profesh

It's by far my favourite item of winter-wear, however I purchased an 'S' rather than 'XS' in 2010 and have since been unable to find an example of comparable quality in a fit more becoming my frame.

Sweet trousers, by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Sweet trousers, by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. They're showcased fully here:

Spoiler

Indeed, I've become so enamoured of the fit, material and durability that I'm even on the market for a second, identical pair, since despite owning jeans in a multitude of colours I must confess that, as of late, I seldom wear anything else.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
What do you call the type of black wool jacket which has two rows of buttons with a large collar and funny epaulette thingies and similar things on your wrists?

...is, alas, precisely my quandary.
Original post by Profesh
Thanks. They're showcased fully here:

Spoiler

Indeed, I've become so enamoured of the fit, material and durability that I'm even on the market for a second, identical pair, since despite owning jeans in a multitude of colours I must confess that, as of late, I seldom wear anything else.

Pro tip:

Try the numerous shaded trousers from Fat Face. They are so functional and extremely stylish too.
Original post by Profesh

It's a safari jacket.
Original post by tehforum
It's a safari jacket.

I suspect you're right; would that the woollen, zip-up style were slightly less difficult to track down in my size. Cheers.
Original post by Profesh

utility jacket ?
safari jacket :

utility jacket :

field jacket :

I'd agree with democracyforum, it looks like a different take on the field jacket, also known as the M65. Menswear has been influenced significantly by military wear since forever, and it's a favourite of mine. Also very popular this season. You can pick up some brilliant pieces from surplus stores, mainly online now, although it is good to be able to try before you buy as styles can vary widely.
it's a wool field jacket
Original post by The Wavefunction
Was the quality good? I'm thinking of jazzing up some gazelles, but it's pricey and if the shoe is just slapped together and looks nothing like what I made then I won't do it

If you're going to buy Gazelles go for the Indoor ones, with the gum soles. The Gazelle OG has a white rubber sole and believe me it wears down after a few weeks. Not worth the money at all, I'd be gutted if I paid to have a custom pair only to find out they last five minutes.
Original post by Wilfred Little
If you're going to buy Gazelles go for the Indoor ones, with the gum soles. The Gazelle OG has a white rubber sole and believe me it wears down after a few weeks. Not worth the money at all, I'd be gutted if I paid to have a custom pair only to find out they last five minutes.

These are the ones I wanted to base them off, as I can't find these online.
Are they the sole you're on about?
image.jpg
Original post by The Wavefunction
These are the ones I wanted to base them off, as I can't find these online.
Are they the sole you're on about?
image.jpg

Na they look like the gum soles.

I'm on about these:

Avoid.
Hi, I'm looking for some advice regarding new 'everyday' shoes to wear to college. I'm going for the urban street style look (Slim jeans, grey denim jacket with plain t-shirt under...)
Which shoes do you think I should buy??
A) http://www.next.co.uk/x6d4512s2 - Burgundy
B) http://www.schuh.co.uk/mens/base-london-national-wing-cup-tan-shoes/3101626220/
C) http://www.schuh.co.uk/mens/toms-brogues-tan-shoes/3106566220/
Open to all opinions :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
Na they look like the gum soles.

I'm on about these:

Avoid.

Was just about to pick up a pair of those aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest