The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamiesonn
Was just about to pick up a pair of those aswell.

Not worth your money, go for the indoors or one of the city/island series with gum soles.
https://www.reiss.com/p/quilted-peacoat-mens-destiny-in-navy/?category_id=1113

Worth £275?

Want a nice peacoat. Will look and see if Club Monaco do any.
Holy f... some rich people ITT.

Wish I could afford to buy expensive clothes. :erm:
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
https://www.reiss.com/p/quilted-peacoat-mens-destiny-in-navy/?category_id=1113

Worth £275?

Want a nice peacoat. Will look and see if Club Monaco do any.

Big fan of Reiss, but they're a bit pricey for me right now.

The coat will definitely be good quality though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiesonn
Big fan of Reiss, but they're a bit pricey for me right now.

The coat will definitely be good quality though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have they upped their prices over the years? Seem to remember that they used to be a bit lower in price.
Anyone got a link to some nice brogues that I can wear casually (to college ect...)
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Have they upped their prices over the years? Seem to remember that they used to be a bit lower in price.

definitely.
@The Wavefunction did you see the Adidas Stretfords?

A pair went for £850 on eBay. Nice little earner if you can get it.

Absolutely hate the way Adidas do these releases.
Original post by Wilfred Little
@The Wavefunction did you see the Adidas Stretfords?

A pair went for £850 on eBay. Nice little earner if you can get it.

Absolutely hate the way Adidas do these releases.

First I've heard of them, are they anything to do with Manchester United? If so, I wouldn't dare buy them!:wink:
Yeah, really sucks. I can see what they're trying to do, but for the common buyer it's an absolute nightmare. Just release a shoe and sell it, don't limit the numbers and have to sign up.
Original post by The Wavefunction
First I've heard of them, are they anything to do with Manchester United? If so, I wouldn't dare buy them!:wink:
Yeah, really sucks. I can see what they're trying to do, but for the common buyer it's an absolute nightmare. Just release a shoe and sell it, don't limit the numbers and have to sign up.

yeah, got the devil embossed onto the back of the shoe. Fair play to the lads who buy these rare releases and actually wear them. 1,200 pairs and you can guarantee 3/4 of those will never get worn, just gathering dust in some ****'s cupboard.

Did you get them Gazelles?
Original post by Wilfred Little
yeah, got the devil embossed onto the back of the shoe. Fair play to the lads who buy these rare releases and actually wear them. 1,200 pairs and you can guarantee 3/4 of those will never get worn, just gathering dust in some ****'s cupboard.

Did you get them Gazelles?

You sound envious, Wilf!:tongue:
Nah, super duper want ones like the last pair I posted on this thread, but can't find them anywhere, and I'm loathed to pay for a custom pair being the poor little student that I am. Maybe Santa can surprise me this year
Was wondering if one of you could help me with a nice winter jacket

I like fluffy hoods but not the long ones, I prefer the one that stop at the waist and are puffy.

£100-150 to spend!

I'm so **** at looking for this stuff honestly lol
I've also got a winter coat question. Where are some good places to get decent and affordable pea coats?
Original post by Sanctus
I've also got a winter coat question. Where are some good places to get decent and affordable pea coats?

People on this forum usually recommend Uniqlo's peacoats. They're reasonably priced too.

I recently bought a Selected Homme peacoat from ASOS though, during a 20% off promo - it's good but it's the first I've owned so have nothing to compare with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sanctus
If you don't mind 2nd hand coats, try eBay - you can get very decent clothing for very cheaply. I got this for £24 pounds (including delivery). You can even tailor the clothes (like what I did, cost me £20) for a better fit and it will still be cheaper than retail price by a lot!
(edited 8 years ago)
looking for tight leather trousers. Anyone know where to find them cheaply?
Reply 5116
Hey guys, wondering if you can help.

I'm looking for a really nicely fitted, but fairly casual black shirt, as well as a chunky black shawl neck cardigan. I'm not a fan of logos and such, so am really looking for unbranded stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for those?

I have this shirt from Reiss in navy which I really love, so something similar to that would be awesome, but the shirts Reiss are currently stocking feel a bit too formal for me :-/

I'd rather pay a bit extra and get good quality, well fitting things so I'm very much open to suggestions! I tend to stick with a fairly small selection of brands (Reiss being my favourite), but now they've failed me I'm not sure where to look!

Thanks a lot,
Rob
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobinK

I'm looking for a really nicely fitted, but fairly casual black shirt, as well as a chunky black shawl neck cardigan. I'm not a fan of logos and such, so am really looking for unbranded stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for those?

I have this shirt from Reiss in navy which I really love, so something similar to that would be awesome, but the shirts Reiss are currently stocking feel a bit too formal for me :-/

I'd rather pay a bit extra and get good quality, well fitting things so I'm very much open to suggestions! I tend to stick with a fairly small selection of brands (Reiss being my favourite), but now they've failed me I'm not sure where to look!

Thanks a lot,
Rob

Just buy an unbranded shirt of decent quality and get it tailor fitted, perhaps?
Original post by RobinK

Thanks a lot,
Rob

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/153332
You didn't mention the material, but Uniqlo have lots of shirts and for the price you can't go wrong.
Original post by The Wavefunction
You sound envious, Wilf!:tongue:

It just pisses me off that these releases aren't handled properly. I didn't want the Stretfords but wanted a couple a while back and the whole thing is a farce. On Twatter now and they meant to email people who had registered to get emails about the release when it came out, seems they didn't send the email and put them on sale anyway and now they're all gone lel.

Out now - http://www.size.co.uk/product/adidas-originals-trinidad-and-tobago-'island-series'/181127?aid=150&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=15-10-30-size-mailer&utm_content=link&utm_term=adidas-touring-black-image

These will sell out quick I think.

Latest