The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's the Asos fit with Oxford shirts like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Jamiesonn
What's the Asos fit with Oxford shirts like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find them to be a slightly smaller fit than Uniqlo. ie. if you wear small there you will need a medium. However, if you're tall, the arms may be too short which is the problem I have.
Yay or nay?

Question: If a belt's size is 34" does that mean that's the maximum waist size it can accommodate? Because there's obviously a range since it's a belt but I just don't know what the range is when it says the size is 34.
Reply 44
Original post by cpdavis
Yay or nay?

Please no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teehee:

I didn't go for it in the end, I did get this in the sale though which I did quite like:

Will go into town to look at shoes :tongue:
Original post by cpdavis
Yay or nay?

I wouldn't myself as I find Converse a bit uncomfortable, but go for it.

If your feet are that big though I wouldn't recommend getting them in that colour. Converse in general look a bit silly with huge feet.

I like the Atticus hoodie. Are you a pop punk fan? Guess I've never asked you about music :holmes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride
I wouldn't myself as I find Converse a bit uncomfortable, but go for it.

If your feet are that big though I wouldn't recommend getting them in that colour. Converse in general look a bit silly with huge feet.

I like the Atticus hoodie. Are you a pop punk fan? Guess I've never asked you about music :holmes:

Well I'm a size 11 (which is quite annoying) and I was looking into getting a darker colour but these were sale items. I'll pass on the green :tongue:

Used to be, grown up since then :tongue:
Reply 48
Original post by cpdavis
Well I'm a size 11 (which is quite annoying) and I was looking into getting a darker colour but these were sale items. I'll pass on the green :tongue:

Used to be, grown up since then :tongue:

If you're insistent on converse, have a look at some leather ones. They're slightly more expensive but look better in my opinion.

Personally, I'd save up and get something that will last you a lot longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Narcissist
Trying not to sound too ridiculous but isn't that pretty spring/summer?

Oh it defo is more spring/summer, I bought it as a going out top, plus it's made out of denim so it should keep me sort of warm? Plus if that doesn't work I have a leather jacket I can wear over it.
Just bought this for about half price. Levis mid-season sale + unidays code

levis.jpg
Reply 51
Original post by cpdavis
Yay or nay?

Hell no please.

This mint colour is horrible.
Reply 52
Hi guys i've seen this Emporio Armani leather jacket but its out of season, so I can't find it anymore, so I'm trying to find something really similar to this. It doesnt have to be designer but I just want a leather jacket like this (below).

$(KGrHqV,!qMFHT,dTLq8BR65tfGFfw~~60_57.JPG

So far the closest i've found is a jacket from Zara:
http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jackets/faux-leather-biker-jacket-c496501p1474006.html

I do like it but in store the leather has a slight Navy shine to it, which I don't like. So could someone please help me find a jacket.
I'm feeling like going clothes shopping tomorrow, might get some knitwear now it's a bit chillier but I know how much of a pain it can be to wash, saw a sorta hoody thing at work (River Island) so I might get that discounted, I know how controversial it is but there's some things from Hollister that I actually really like, might have to pop in tomorrow :ninja:

Oh and will also look for some nice aftershave/perfume (you know what I mean) for nights out and house parties, currently depending on Sure deodorant :lol:

Gonna make sure I keep check on this thread as I'm going to make a proper effort with myself this year :woo:
Original post by Willum Infanta
I'm feeling like going clothes shopping tomorrow, might get some knitwear now it's a bit chillier but I know how much of a pain it can be to wash, saw a sorta hoody thing at work (River Island) so I might get that discounted, I know how controversial it is but there's some things from Hollister that I actually really like, might have to pop in tomorrow :ninja:

Oh and will also look for some nice aftershave/perfume (you know what I mean) for nights out and house parties, currently depending on Sure deodorant :lol:

Gonna make sure I keep check on this thread as I'm going to make a proper effort with myself this year :woo:

My Hollister stuff now just basically serves as loungewear. I'm not a fan of big logo tees as much as I used to be so I wear it round the house, plus they've started to wear out :colondollar:

Knitwear's good. H&M and Uniqlo currently have some very nice pieces. A massive H&M has just opened near my work which I've been in a couple of times.

As for a fragrance for winter nights, mine is Givenchy Play Intense. Coffee/chocolate. Lovely.
Reply 56
Untitled by Margiela for this Winter for me.
Original post by rockrunride
As for a fragrance for winter nights, mine is Givenchy Play Intense. Coffee/chocolate. Lovely.

You tried this - http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=6440

It's stronger than a skunk though so don't need more than 1-2 sprays.

Also what I came in to post, anyone recommend any good beanies for winter? And would it be overkill to wear one with a parka?
Original post by Master.K
Hi guys i've seen this Emporio Armani leather jacket but its out of season, so I can't find it anymore, so I'm trying to find something really similar to this. It doesnt have to be designer but I just want a leather jacket like this (below).

$(KGrHqV,!qMFHT,dTLq8BR65tfGFfw~~60_57.JPG

So far the closest i've found is a jacket from Zara:
http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jackets/faux-leather-biker-jacket-c496501p1474006.html

I do like it but in store the leather has a slight Navy shine to it, which I don't like. So could someone please help me find a jacket.

The Navy shine might just be due to artificial light, since deep blacks sometimes do look navy blue in certain lighting. But if I spot something I'll post it up! You're looking for the sort of racing jacket type with padded arms right?
Original post by Wilfred Little
You tried this - http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=6440

It's stronger than a skunk though so don't need more than 1-2 sprays.

Also what I came in to post, anyone recommend any good beanies for winter? And would it be overkill to wear one with a parka?

Heard good things about A* but never tried it myself - the Pure Havane version is supposed to be excellent though.

I'll hopefully be Instagramming those Holte End steps tomorrow! COYS.