The Student Room Group
Try Sky Digital TV stations located in London. BBC get 500 applications a day, MTV etc similar, so try the less familiar ones. Rather than just send off a speculative application which they're inundated with, give them a call (numbers on their websites) and get the contact of a specific name in Human Resources to address it to. Experience in any form of media (student/hospital radio, print etc) will bode well in an insanely tough industry.
Well the problem you are going to have here is that any extremley reputable work experience you will have will indeed be placed in London. However don't stop this from you applying, when i did my work experience at News International I was offered somewhere to stay, however only living an hour away I commuted. You could always try one of the local BBC places....for example mine is Southampton. Or a radio station, your local radio stations are always willing to take on very enthusiastic lakky's.

Dig out the yellow pages and find every single local newspaper company and tv company and just send out a CV, it doesn't have to be choc full of places you've worked, just things you've done and a cover letter explaining how much you want work experience there.

Also talk to people, you never know who could get you a place somewhere! That's how I got my work experience at News International and BBC!

As for the television aspect...remember ANY media related work experience will be useful! Don't just limit yourself to TV related stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending