Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln - 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EAH15
Hey everyone,
I'm currently a 1st year at UoL studying Creative advertising.
If anyone has any question about the process of applying, accommodation, lincoln itself or anything to do with my course or the uni feel free to ask me and ill do my set to help.

hey, i have been offered a place at Lincoln, Leeds col art, Bucks and Falmouth for creative advertising but cannot decide where to go. any knowledge you have of these would be very helpful thanks
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Professor Pigeon
hey, i have been offered a place at Lincoln, Leeds col art, Bucks and Falmouth for creative advertising but cannot decide where to go. any knowledge you have of these would be very helpful thanks

i went for an interview at leeds college of art for photography, and i suddenly realised that they seem very stuck up there. i actually overheard current students advising people waiting for various interviews not to go there because it was one of "the biggest mistakes of their lives". that may just be down to personal opinion, but the atmosphere there was very negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollys0110
I've put Lincoln as my firm choice to study Law. I will be living at home as I only live 10 minutes drive from the uni.

Anyone else living at home or studying law?

I'll be living at home! Bit further away than you (Market Rasen) but I'm hoping the drive in won't be too killer. Do you drive? Have you scouted out the parking situation?

I'm worried I'll be a complete social outcast due to living off-campus! At least there's more than one of us! :P
Reply 763
Hey! Been offered a place for Contemporary Lens Media and will definitely be my firm! Any of you CLM applicants out there? Has anyone applied for on campus accommodation? :smile:
x
Reply 764
I have been offered a place for International year one Mechanical engineering and I found that in the letter and need someone to explain it for me please ---> " My English and Mathematics skills will be tested on arrival and my plan will change if I do not meet required level. This will incur extra charges. "

I want to know how the plan will change and what extra charges will be for. Also, anyone who took the test, please tell me if it is easy or hard. If anyone has info for that, please tell me !
Reply 765
Original post by mostafa1
I have been offered a place for International year one Mechanical engineering and I found that in the letter and need someone to explain it for me please ---> " My English and Mathematics skills will be tested on arrival and my plan will change if I do not meet required level. This will incur extra charges. "

I want to know how the plan will change and what extra charges will be for. Also, anyone who took the test, please tell me if it is easy or hard. If anyone has info for that, please tell me !

If you don't meet their required level then your course may be altered to match your appropriate academic level. I'm guessing the extra charges could just be extra tuition fee's!
Reply 766
Original post by AliJDB
I'll be living at home! Bit further away than you (Market Rasen) but I'm hoping the drive in won't be too killer. Do you drive? Have you scouted out the parking situation?

I'm worried I'll be a complete social outcast due to living off-campus! At least there's more than one of us! :P

Haha I live in louth so I'm even further away than you, I'm getting the bus to uni, parking is expensive! I used to work in Market Rasen :smile: what are you studying? :smile:
Reply 767
I've been trying to find out some information from Lincoln about studying abroad at a foreign university during one of my years while there, can anyone share some light on the subject?
Original post by Cassadee
Haha I live in louth so I'm even further away than you, I'm getting the bus to uni, parking is expensive! I used to work in Market Rasen :smile: what are you studying? :smile:

Ahh I love Louth :smile: I was there yesterday. Where did you work? I'm going to be studying Journalism and Public Relations :smile: You're doing law?
Original post by A.Kenny
I've been trying to find out some information from Lincoln about studying abroad at a foreign university during one of my years while there, can anyone share some light on the subject?

One of the courses I was looking at had a study abroad option.

On the course I was looking at it was scheduled to happen as an option in the second and third terms in your second year, so I suppose information about it comes out towards the end of your first year? But it might vary course to course, what course are you studying? Is there anything on the Lincoln University page for your course?
Reply 770
Original post by AliJDB
Ahh I love Louth :smile: I was there yesterday. Where did you work? I'm going to be studying Journalism and Public Relations :smile: You're doing law?

Haha never heard of anyone that loves louth before :P it's alright. I worked at the advocate arms, heard of it? Oh that's really cool, I'm transferring unis so my offer is for law, but I'm considering reapplying for nursing :smile:
Haha never heard of anyone that loves louth before :P it's alright. I worked at the advocate arms, heard of it? Oh that's really cool, I'm transferring unis so my offer is for law, but I'm considering reapplying for nursing :smile:

Aaah, well I like charity shops and food, Louth has lots of both.

I have! We went to dinner there for my sisters birthday, it's nice, did you enjoy working there?

That's quite a change in career! What prompted it?
Reply 772
Original post by AliJDB
Aaah, well I like charity shops and food, Louth has lots of both.

I have! We went to dinner there for my sisters birthday, it's nice, did you enjoy working there?

That's quite a change in career! What prompted it?

Haha yeah that's true, Louth is quite a nice little town, it's very pretty :smile:
Yeah it is nice, it's not a bad place to work I guess, had to leave when I moved to louth cos I can't drive yet. Learning...slowly

I've already done a year of law at my old uni and some of it is quite dry, and is thought nursing would be rewarding. But I suppose that could be down to the uni, so I guess I'll give law another shot.

Are you excited to start? Journalism is really cool, I have a couple friends who do that.
Haha yeah that's true, Louth is quite a nice little town, it's very pretty :smile:
Yeah it is nice, it's not a bad place to work I guess, had to leave when I moved to louth cos I can't drive yet. Learning...slowly

I've already done a year of law at my old uni and some of it is quite dry, and is thought nursing would be rewarding. But I suppose that could be down to the uni, so I guess I'll give law another shot.

Are you excited to start? Journalism is really cool, I have a couple friends who do that.

The countryside around it is really gorgeous too, I just moved from London at the end of last year, so the scenery is still a novelty.

How long have you been having lessons? I still feel as though I'm learning. I bought my first car last year and then wrecked my passenger side door after we moved here, oops..

Hmm I guess law can be that way, there's some media law module on the Journalism side I'm not exactly looking forward to lol. But most of it looks pretty good so I'm pretty excited to start. And nervous! I haven't been in education in quite a while so I'm a bit worried I'll just have no idea what anyone is on about.
Torn between Lincoln and Heriot Watt. Fuuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 775
studying sociology and hopefully staying in courts!!
Reply 776
Original post by AliJDB
One of the courses I was looking at had a study abroad option.

On the course I was looking at it was scheduled to happen as an option in the second and third terms in your second year, so I suppose information about it comes out towards the end of your first year? But it might vary course to course, what course are you studying? Is there anything on the Lincoln University page for your course?

Thanks for the reply pal, I'm looking to study: Business Management.

i havnt seen anything myself on it, any ideas?
Original post by A.Kenny
Thanks for the reply pal, I'm looking to study: Business Management.

i havnt seen anything myself on it, any ideas?

There's nothing on the business and management page about a year abroad, are you sure it is a feature of that particular course? It may not be offered.

If you have seen evidence that it is a feature of your course I would contact the university directly for more information. I've emailed them a few times and they've always been very helpful. I would try the study enquiries contact form or the student support email address that can be found here.

Hope this helps!
Original post by molly_ob
Hey! Been offered a place for Contemporary Lens Media and will definitely be my firm! Any of you CLM applicants out there? Has anyone applied for on campus accommodation? :smile:
x

i'm doing contemporary lens media too! :biggrin: if i get the grades that is hahaha :smile:
Reply 779
Anyone studying mechanical engineering ? Haven't seen anyone up till now !

Quick Reply

Latest