The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Chemistry applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm a UCL chemistry 2nd year. If anyone has questions about chemistry in general, or specifically the MSci, feel free to ask :smile:

I got a letter says recommended that you are made an offer. what does it mean?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
did u get a letter after interview? how long does it take to go through UCAS.
Reply 22
That's strange, I've never heard of one of those before. However, I assume it means you have an offer. Have you already had an interview?

Did u get a letter after interview. how long does it take for ucas to process after your interview.
Reply 23
the letter was not really clear so i don't know if i get the offer or not. i am so confused
Original post by WENTINGMA
the letter was not really clear so i don't know if i get the offer or not. i am so confused

Pretty sure you have an offer! I had my interview on the same day as you and my offer came through today :smile:
Hey I just sent away my Ucas yesterday (4th Dec) with AA*A*A* in chemistry maths physics and history ( in that order) I was wondering how long it would take for UCL to get back to me after I have sent my application??
Reply 26
Original post by hightopnikes
Hey I just sent away my Ucas yesterday (4th Dec) with AA*A*A* in chemistry maths physics and history ( in that order) I was wondering how long it would take for UCL to get back to me after I have sent my application??

i only waited for 4 days. But my boyfriend has been waiting for a month and it is still nothing.
Anyone here applied for Chemical Physics? :tongue:
I got a letter saying I had received an offer. The time isn't the same for everyone. Some get it sooner than others.

In the course, is there some kind of review class or something? I come from the American system and our chemistry is not as strong (owing to the fact it is only 1 year) in Organic Chemistry (virtually nothing). Do they like cover the basics so that everyone is on the same page, or do they just jump into new material straight ahead?

Some Misc Questions:

How far is your accommodation from the chemistry building?

How much are your living expenses per week? (everything included if you can)

How much time is spent in labs? Do the labs feel rushed? Or do you feel like you have plenty of time to cover everything.

How much are we expected to do outside of class, hours wise?

How large is the department? I have heard it's only around 100 students.

Is it normal to talk with professors after lecture time to ask them follow up questions?

Is there a large International student body in the chem department?

Thanks and sorry for bothering you! :P

-Fango_Jett
I applied beginning of October and still haven't heard from UCL... is that normal? :s
Original post by LizzyM7
I go an offer from UCL! :smile: Its AAA. I study maths chemistry and music, and achieved aabbd at as level :smile: Im sure you guys will be fine!

Well doneee!
I have my interview in Feb- im a bit worried about the Chem Qu. What sort of questions did they ask- anything in A2 Chem?
Reply 31
Has anyone received all their replies from the universities, and made their firm and reserve choices yet?
Reply 32
I have received a interview request today! hope its gonna be fine,, and, at the same time, I also wonder about the possibilities that I can receive offer after interview... someone in this chat says 85%?, no idea...
Original post by Guanyu
I have received a interview request today! hope its gonna be fine,, and, at the same time, I also wonder about the possibilities that I can receive offer after interview... someone in this chat says 85%?, no idea...

AHHH!! When did you apply an did they just contact you via the email address you used for your Ucas application?? Also what are your predicted grades??
Reply 34
They contacted me through emails,, I applied in about december 2013,, and I am doing IB, my predicted grade is 766 HL( 7 : chemistry, 6 maths, 6 economics) 40/45 total. Im applying for chemistry with management studies :smile:)), hopefully they will give me offer:wink: and still waiting for imperial replies
Reply 35
I'm a UCL chemistry 2nd year. If anyone has questions about chemistry in general, or specifically the MSci, feel free to ask :smile:

Hi their I just wanted to know what you found appealing about UCL chemistry course. Also I have an interview in around 2 weeks, any idea on what the interview will be like or how hard it is! I've heard from people that your almost guaranteed an offer but i wanted to know if theirs anything to look out for or any do's and don't? Sorry for the long question its just I'm feeling nervous about it as it is my first interview :frown:
Reply 36
Just firmed UCL today :smile:
Original post by NCarslaw3
Just firmed UCL today :smile:

I firmed UCL a few weeks ago :biggrin: See you there hopefully!
Hi Hi!

This might be a little late, but I will post on this thread.

I got an offer for MSci Chemistry. Conditions are 2 AP Scores at grade 5.

Going to wait for my replies from Imperial and Durham before I make a decision.
Reply 39
Original post by Fullycorporate
I firmed UCL a few weeks ago :biggrin: See you there hopefully!

Yes hopefully :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending