The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joey11223
If you carry on then yeah. but if you stopped when she asked you to, then what had occurred before that wouldn't count as rape in my mind.

This is my opinion on this

Original post by joey11223
Lol nah, what you got there is what we call a rapist. If you're in a relationship and this wasn't an ONS, then time to rid get quickly.

Or you could offer him a BJ. Then decide to bite down, if he protests and asks you to stop, tell him he agreed originally and it's not your problem if he doesn't like your method.

Oh look you're the same poster as the above, but any way, would have liked to rep you again lol. I kinda like the bit in bold lol. Obviously I wouldn't like that. That'd be painful, but I found it funny considering what OP said that the guy said.
(edited 10 years ago)
If you told him you don't want to carry on and he does then yes it's rape
Reply 42
wait. Was his willy in you when you decided to stop? Cuz if so, it's kinda sad that you suddenly decided no more :lol: But yeah, it's rape I guess.
(edited 10 years ago)
YES, it clearly is.

People asking why she changed her mind that's none of your concerns! OP it's up to you how you take this issue forward. Good luck in whatever you decide to do:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, it is rape.

What an absurd question.
Lol if this happened to me, i would get up and leave instantly.
if you dont stop then yes
Reply 47
Theoretically yes it is, but the tricky part is proving it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
yeah, only if you carry on... then that'd be you continuing without her consent = rape.
Original post by Zuki
I didn't mean it to come across like that. I'm saying she should have been certain that she wasn't ready. Have you ever been on the verge of orgasm and just suddenly decided to stop? It's possible but unlikely. When you're horny you don't think straight.

Well, yes. The situation is unfortunate for you.

However, she has withdrawn her consent.

According to the law, withdrawal of consent in any case is rape, if this is communicated to the man.

Also, there are limits to the argument about what your horniness can make you do. It would be like saying:

" Well, I was masturbating and my mum walked in.

I continued to do so because I couldn't think straight"

In other words. Being horny, does have it's limits
(edited 10 years ago)
How could any respectable man carry on with the sex when the woman clearly says 'stop'? crazy
http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk
Give them a ring.

I hope they can help you and get get you through this:smile:
Original post by de_monies
Except it is rape...

They replied to original post, disregarding or posting before OP explained that the guy kept going after she said stop

WHICH WOULD MEAN, that they either didn't know or care, WHICH WOULD MEAN, they count someone randomly saying stop in sex automatically makes the whole duration of sexual intercourse RAPE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Except, it isn't rape

or it is, but what they assumed isn't rape

ok

if you get me

do you get me

ok
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous
He didn't stop, told me that because I'd agreed originally that it wasn't his problem if I changed my mind

It is his problem alright.
I hope you are feeling relatively okay considering the circumstances.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, yes. The situation is unfortunate for you.

However, she has withdrawn her consent.

According to the law, withdrawal of consent in any case is rape, if this is communicated to the man.

Also, there are limits to the argument about what your horniness can make you do. It would be like saying:

" Well, I was masturbating and my mum walked in.

I continued to do so because I couldn't think straight"

In other words. Being horny, does have it's limits

So according to the law, only men can be rapists? :K:

On a rather more serious note; yes, it is clearly rape but:

- There is a physiological point in which a man can't stop his orgasm. The onset of neuromuscular euphoria, sphincter contractions (and even some studies point to EEC activity resembling that which is found during the clonic stage of a grand mal seizure). All guys can tell you that there is a point of no return in which primal conditioning takes over and you just cannot stop yourself from orgasming. It's like trying to sneeze with your eyes open, or not jerking your leg when your knee is tapped with a reflex hammer.

Obviously this didn't happen here, the guy you were with is a grade A tw@t based on his response, and I don't want to trivialise your experience. But simply saying 'yes, it's always rape if a girl changes her mind' is a slippery slope IMO, because if she changes her mind 1 second from her partner orgasming when he's literally unable to do anything about that, and he is then considered a rapist; well, that's not right.
Original post by StretfordEnd

Is this news to you?

The law on rape is quite clearly defined in such as way that only men can rape. It refers explicitly to the nonconsentual penetration of the vagina or anus with the penis.

Women, ridiculously, cannot commit rape and are charged instead with sexual assault for nonconsentual sex - before, of course, invariably being let off or being handed a suspended sentence.
(edited 10 years ago)

Well..only men can be charged with rape technically, so yes I guess so in the eyes of the law, a woman can commit sexual assault though.

Ok....and vice versa

SOn a rather more serious note; yes, it is clearly rape but:

- There is a physiological point in which a man can't stop his orgasm. The onset of neuromuscular euphoria, sphincter contractions (and even some studies point to EEC activity resembling that which is found during the clonic stage of a grand mal seizure). All guys can tell you that there is a point of no return in which primal conditioning takes over and you just cannot stop yourself from orgasming. It's like trying to sneeze with your eyes open, or not jerking your leg when your knee is tapped with a reflex hammer.

Obviously this didn't happen here, the guy you were with is a grade A tw@t based on his response, and I don't want to trivialise your experience. But simply saying 'yes, it's always rape if a girl changes her mind' is a slippery slope IMO, because if she changes her mind 1 second from her partner orgasming when he's literally unable to do anything about that, and he is then considered a rapist; well, that's not right.

I didn't get raped. I am not sure how you got that impression.

Well, if she changes her mind 1 second away from her partner orgasming.....I wouldn't consider that an adequate amount of time for communication to occur successfully.

Also, it would be next to impossible for the prosecution to prove that it was not a spontaneous act that he had control over.

So, I don't think that would be considered rape.
Original post by Kerny
In the legal sense, yes - so yes. Obviously, you would have to allow for the short amount of time it would take for a guy to stop.

This - you can't say the person is raping you because they are unable to stop in less than a second. After a reasonable period (I would say likely to be a magnitude of seconds), it would become rape.

Not that it appears to have come up, but you can't repel consent retrospectively however.
Reply 59
What made you want to stop half way through? Bored or something?

Latest

Trending

Trending