The Student Room Group

Course withdrawl and tuition fees

[INDENT] I joined LJMU after 2 weeks i withdrawn my studies. uni started on 16th sep, but i got enrolled on 26 th sep. I left uni on 9th oct. my class was once a week that is thursday. Uni has sent me an invoice to pay 3 weeks tuition fee i,e 675 ( 1 year = 6750) but I actually studied only 2 weeks. as their policy states that "Programmes greater than 15 weeks in length:

Students will be charged for the period of study undertaken (for which they were enrolled). "

I have sent them an email to rectify it. Any advise , help ?? isn't it too much to pay at once ? and if you have 9000 loan a year ( 27000 3 YEARS) you pay only 30 pounds a month ???! and me who is out of pocket must pay 675 for 3 weeks ? for what I have not got even any credit or certificates. I want if they let me pay the due tuition fee for 2 weeks in installments like 30 pounds a month if possible. please help [/INDENT]
Original post by uaa1bee
I joined LJMU after 2 weeks i withdrawn my studies. uni started on 16th sep, but i got enrolled on 26 th sep. I left uni on 9th oct. my class was once a week that is thursday. Uni has sent me an invoice to pay 3 weeks tuition fee i,e 675 ( 1 year = 6750) but I actually studied only 2 weeks. as their policy states that "Programmes greater than 15 weeks in length:

Students will be charged for the period of study undertaken (for which they were enrolled). "

I have sent them an email to rectify it. Any advise , help ?? isn't it too much to pay at once ? and if you have 9000 loan a year ( 27000 3 YEARS) you pay only 30 pounds a month ???! and me who is out of pocket must pay 675 for 3 weeks ? for what I have not got even any credit or certificates. I want if they let me pay the due tuition fee for 2 weeks in installments like 30 pounds a month if possible. please help

The government loan you the money so you can study at University. You pay this back dependant upon your income, if you complete your course. If you leave early, you have to repay any money you have had in excess.

With regards to the fee's... were you covered by Student Finance? If so, they will pay for it. You should be lucky, as most universities require 25% of the years fee after two weeks.

With regards to the 'policy' you stated, what context is this in? Does this refer to an undergraduate degree, or foundation course or what? As all courses are different.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Knalchemist
The government loan you the money so you can study at University. You pay this back dependant upon your income, if you complete your course. If you leave early, you have to repay any money you have had in excess.

With regards to the fee's... were you covered by Student Finance? If so, they will pay for it. You should be lucky, as most universities require 25% of the years fee after two weeks.

With regards to the 'policy' you stated, what context is this in? Does this refer to an undergraduate degree, or foundation course or what? As all courses are different.

Hi I've also withdrawn from my University course- I wondered what course you were on? Why you withdrew? and whether you're going to reapply?:smile:
Original post by frightfulblob
Hi I've also withdrawn from my University course- I wondered what course you were on? Why you withdrew? and whether you're going to reapply?:smile:

I was doing LLB Law at Greenwich School of Management in London. I withdrew because the university was terrible, plus I had some personal things going on. I re-applied for this year. I'm now doing LLB Law at Birkbeck, University of London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending