The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Haven't applied yet, but I'm going to apply for Theatre and English Literature :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Applying for Sociology, not sure what I'm going to minor in yet though :^_^:
Got an offer to do PPE -AAB :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by blimeyitskat
Haven't applied yet, but I'm going to apply for Theatre and English Literature :smile:

I want to apply for Management and Marketing, although I doubt I can get accepted
So exciting to see people getting offers :smile: Remember how it felt last year!
Reply 25
Original post by amyhuddleston3
Got an offer to do PPE -AAB :smile:

I've applied for this :smile: when did you send your application off?
Reply 26
I have applied forbiology with genetics. Havent heard back yet. :frown:
im an international student from india
Applying for Psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for physics, I have an interview in November.
Reply 29
I'm a physics applicant, been offered an interview but I'm yet to choose when
Anyone know how long roughly Lancaster take to offer/reject? I'm applying to do Politics.
Also, for anyone who's visited it what's it like? i didn't because it's so expensive from London but would reeeally appreciate it if someone could tell me what it's like (large campus, single campus, within Lancaster, ugly, etc.) Thanks in advance.
Original post by bananaminion
Anyone know how long roughly Lancaster take to offer/reject? I'm applying to do Politics.
Also, for anyone who's visited it what's it like? i didn't because it's so expensive from London but would reeeally appreciate it if someone could tell me what it's like (large campus, single campus, within Lancaster, ugly, etc.) Thanks in advance.

Can't answer your first question (I applied for Maths and they replied in early January after applying in early October. As it's a completely different department the date will almost certainly be different).

As for the second one, it's a large-ish, single campus, although not too big. There are colleges which are your first year accommodation and each has a bar etc. The ones I saw were good quality. It's outside Lancaster but there are shops, bars, laundry, sports facilities on campus etc. There is also a bus service to Lancaster (quite cheap) and it's a 5 minute bike ride anyway, so not too far.

Personally I thought the campus is very nice, some green space and some good areas. A bit grey in places but it's going to be anywhere, really. They're building some lovely new accommodation and the town itself is absolutely beautiful (imo). Then there is a nice view in some parts over the Lake District which is (again imo) the most beautiful part of Britain.

That's all I can remember, and I haven't started yet obviously so I'm by no means an expert. But those are my thoughts on it
Reply 32
Original post by bananaminion

I have no idea about how long they take to reply but I visited last Wednesday and it had a very welcoming vibe. It's all on a single (large) campus 10 minutes outside the city centre of Lancaster. All the buildings are bland and sort of ugly in my opinion, there's no pretty sort of historic buildings like in traditional Universities but this is partly because it's a fairly new University. But, I suppose at the end of the day it's not about pretty buildings. There's also a lot of facilities on campus like bars, banks, a charity shop, Subway, etc.

I hope this helps a little :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Received an offer to do PPE, conditional - AAB
Hey I am on my second gap year (I had some problems with student finance this year and found out 5 days before I was meant to leave for Lancaster I couldn't go)

So I have an unconditional for Maths and hopefully I will be able to get accomodation in Pendle again :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by Ficjiurago
Received an offer to do PPE, conditional - AAB

Hi when did you send your application off? :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by JordanS94
Hey I am on my second gap year (I had some problems with student finance this year and found out 5 days before I was meant to leave for Lancaster I couldn't go)

So I have an unconditional for Maths and hopefully I will be able to get accomodation in Pendle again :biggrin:

What happened with student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
What happened with student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically they gave me wrong information, then when it came to my loan I got much less than expected and I couldn't get supported from parents due to my stepdad having less money this year. Basically it was all because he did a lot of overtime the past couple of years so they took that into account even though someone on the phone said they didn't, I have already requested them to delete my application from last year and they're still sending me letters :rolleyes:

Tip: Triple check what they've told you even if you have to endure the wait on the phone :nooo:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Can't answer your first question (I applied for Maths and they replied in early January after applying in early October. As it's a completely different department the date will almost certainly be different).

As for the second one, it's a large-ish, single campus, although not too big. There are colleges which are your first year accommodation and each has a bar etc. The ones I saw were good quality. It's outside Lancaster but there are shops, bars, laundry, sports facilities on campus etc. There is also a bus service to Lancaster (quite cheap) and it's a 5 minute bike ride anyway, so not too far.

Personally I thought the campus is very nice, some green space and some good areas. A bit grey in places but it's going to be anywhere, really. They're building some lovely new accommodation and the town itself is absolutely beautiful (imo). Then there is a nice view in some parts over the Lake District which is (again imo) the most beautiful part of Britain.

That's all I can remember, and I haven't started yet obviously so I'm by no means an expert. But those are my thoughts on it

Original post by corax
I have no idea about how long they take to reply but I visited last Wednesday and it had a very welcoming vibe. It's all on a single (large) campus 10 minutes outside the city centre of Lancaster. All the buildings are bland and sort of ugly in my opinion, there's no pretty sort of historic buildings like in traditional Universities but this is partly because it's a fairly new University. But, I suppose at the end of the day it's not about pretty buildings. There's also a lot of facilities on campus like bars, banks, a charity shop, Subway, etc.

I hope this helps a little :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you both of you, that was really helpful yeah!
Reply 39
Original post by ams45
Hi when did you send your application off? :smile:

10th October, received my offer on the 16th.

Quick Reply

Latest