Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ficjiurago
10th October, received my offer on the 16th.
<br />
<br />
Thats cool I sent mine on 18th, I hope I get an offer
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
I sent my application off last week, and I haven't had a reply yet :/ I applied for English Lit and Drama, anybody had an offer yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Haven't applied yet but I intend on applying for the Theatre and Creative Writing course, was tempted by the Drama and English Lit but I think Creative Writing is the way for me... If I get in... When I get around to applying aha.
Original post by caryswww
I sent my application off last week, and I haven't had a reply yet :/ I applied for English Lit and Drama, anybody had an offer yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry Lancaster can take their time. It took over a month longer than my other offers last year :smile:

I think I applied 1st December and got an offer late January.
Reply 44
I got an offer today, yay!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to all whom have offers. I applied last week to Lancaster to do Computer Science and Spanish. I'm feeling pretty hopeful and want it to be my firm Uni of choice!:colondollar:
I applied on the 10th, and received my offer for English Lit on the 17th. Pretty pleased with how quickly they responded.
Original post by farmflyblues
I applied on the 10th, and received my offer for English Lit on the 17th. Pretty pleased with how quickly they responded.

Wow! That is pretty quick. Congrats :biggrin:

Though, it does appear that people who have applied early October got their offers in early!
Original post by unknown45678
Wow! That is pretty quick. Congrats :biggrin:

Though, it does appear that people who have applied early October got their offers in early!

Thanks. :biggrin:

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw it! Lancaster is my top choice, so I didn't expect an offer so quickly. Not that I'm complaining or anything.
Reply 49
Thanks. :biggrin:

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw it! Lancaster is my top choice, so I didn't expect an offer so quickly. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Well done with your offer! Did they email you or did you find out through track? :smile:
Original post by ams45
Well done with your offer! Did they email you or did you find out through track? :smile:

Thank you! I didn't get the update email from UCAS like everyone else has, I just happened to check track and saw the offer there. :smile:
Hey there to everyone on this page! I'm a current first year student so if you have any questions just feel free to ask :smile:

And for those of you worrying about grades, my offer was AAB for my course, but Lancaster said if I put them as my firm choice I would still be guaranteed entry if I dropped a grade (i.e AAC/ABB). I got ABB and I'm really grateful for that so you they could do the same this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Hey there to everyone on this page! I'm a current first year student so if you have any questions just feel free to ask :smile:

And for those of you worrying about grades, my offer was AAB for my course, but Lancaster said if I put them as my firm choice I would still be guaranteed entry if I dropped a grade (i.e AAC/ABB). I got ABB and I'm really grateful for that so you they could do the same this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have to ask for that or is it standard for everyone who picks Lancaster as their firm choice?
Did you have to ask for that or is it standard for everyone who picks Lancaster as their firm choice?

Didn't ask for it at all - I received my offer in November/December and they sent me a letter through in February/March saying that they were "so impressed with my application" that they'd do it. I think it's pretty much standard but it might also depend on the course you do (Economics for me, and another guy on tsr doing economics in my year also had it happen to him too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't ask for it at all - I received my offer in November/December and they sent me a letter through in February/March saying that they were "so impressed with my application" that they'd do it. I think it's pretty much standard but it might also depend on the course you do (Economics for me, and another guy on tsr doing economics in my year also had it happen to him too)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jammy! I've applied this year for economics but still haven't heard anything yet, how quickly did they get back to you last year?
Anyone got an offer yet for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This brings hope for me! I achieved ABB last year and have applied for Comp Sci + Spanish which is AAB so we'll see what happens but I love Lancaster A LOT so I really want an offer from them - as all of you do I imagine lol :tongue:
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Jammy! I've applied this year for economics but still haven't heard anything yet, how quickly did they get back to you last year?

Sent mine off at the beginning of October, got an offer late November/early December. So it took a bit of time, and they're not the quickest to reply back (Kent got back to me in 22 hours) but hey I'm sitting here now so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unknown45678
This brings hope for me! I achieved ABB last year and have applied for Comp Sci + Spanish which is AAB so we'll see what happens but I love Lancaster A LOT so I really want an offer from them - as all of you do I imagine lol :tongue:

Last year I achieved ABB (but I re-sat and got AAB) but it's also about your predicted grades and your application overall. Lancaster is a lovely place, I'm really enjoying it. You have to put up with the rain a fair bit though which I'm not used to (as I'm from way down south) but I've been to the castle/prison here and also to Morecambe (not a lot there apart from the Carleton). Nightlife is fairly good although as I'm from a smallish town I can't compare it to Manchester, London etc. but I can say I and my friends have had our share of throwing up after a night out up here :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent mine off at the beginning of October, got an offer late November/early December. So it took a bit of time, and they're not the quickest to reply back (Kent got back to me in 22 hours) but hey I'm sitting here now so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you enjoyed Lancaster? whats the nightlife like?

Quick Reply

Latest