The Student Room Group

RAF Officer presentation and OASC Fitness

Scroll to see replies

Long story short, you don't. You just practice and practice until you're just not embarrassing :wink:

I went through the process last year, and a friend of mine just got accepted for ABM last week, it hadn't changed. Process was:

P2 presentation
Filter Interview / Aptitude Tests (the order can change)
CAPITA medical
OASC - Day 1 in the hangar and doing the various group/individual exercises (in another thread you can find out more)
- Day 2 If you pass day one, you do the Fitness test (which currently is the bleep test; subject to change though), then the Final Interview. Aircrew candidates have to do a second medical.
Reply 21
Original post by jannisjr
Long story short, you don't. You just practice and practice until you're just not embarrassing :wink:

I went through the process last year, and a friend of mine just got accepted for ABM last week, it hadn't changed. Process was:

P2 presentation
Filter Interview / Aptitude Tests (the order can change)
CAPITA medical
OASC - Day 1 in the hangar and doing the various group/individual exercises (in another thread you can find out more)
- Day 2 If you pass day one, you do the Fitness test (which currently is the bleep test; subject to change though), then the Final Interview. Aircrew candidates have to do a second medical.

nice one thanks.

Where you success? how did you find it?
I failed the medical unfortunately, but I have resolved the issue. Once i'm a year clear of the surgery I can try again.

It's stressful for sure, and you have to do a lot of preparation. Also, you see a lot of conflicting information all over the student room which can be confusing. I enjoyed aptitude testing - if there wasn't so much pressure it probably would have been kinda fun. OASC as well was enjoyable in a weird way. Just don't under-prepare.
Reply 23
Original post by jannisjr
I failed the medical unfortunately, but I have resolved the issue. Once i'm a year clear of the surgery I can try again.

It's stressful for sure, and you have to do a lot of preparation. Also, you see a lot of conflicting information all over the student room which can be confusing. I enjoyed aptitude testing - if there wasn't so much pressure it probably would have been kinda fun. OASC as well was enjoyable in a weird way. Just don't under-prepare.

ahh I see. I'm sorry to hear that.

It's just the practical exercises and planning exercises that concern me. Apart from that I'm training, research and current affairs. I'll give my AFCO a bell next week and see what's what.

Quick Reply

Latest