The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Economics and Accounting at Loughborough

To people who do/did the course, how did you find it? No maths a level required to be accepted onto the course.. so how much maths is used?

Kind regards

Sola
Reply 1
I know a handful of people who did this. There are a number of core Economics modules you will take alongside pure Economics students. Some of these modules, such as Micro, are pretty mathematical and you will need to develop solid mathematical skills to do well, but it is all taught from scratch in the first year quantitative economics module. The level of Maths you will be using includes matrix algebra, calculus (constrained optimisation, Lagrangian multipliers etc, bit of integration)... pretty easy stuff to pick up if you're mathematically minded. You avoid Econometrics, but this isn't actually very difficult anyway. Many pure Economics students don't have A-level maths either, I didn't myself. Some struggle but those that put the work in achieve results.

Original post by fbrep2012
To people who do/did the course, how did you find it? No maths a level required to be accepted onto the course.. so how much maths is used?

Kind regards

Sola
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending