The Student Room Group

Which uni is better for Psychology

Hello,

I'm picking my UCAS choices and I'm deeply confused as to whether University of Ulster or Queen's is superior in terms of their Psychology course. One one hand I would prefer a less statistical approach to the subject in UU and according to Uni stats the tutors their are more prompt with their feedback. However, Queen's seems to have better graduate employment and overall seems to be a better university. I'm split 50/50 on this so if anyone could offer some advice on my options I would be very grateful. :smile:

Sincerely,
A very conflicted student :confused:
I have no experience of either university but I will try to point out some things to look for.

-You've already looked at the stats which is good. Make sure you check out all of their modules as you don't want to end up doing something you don't enjoy. However, most uni's end up offering similar modules if they're BPS accredited and DO NOT be put off with statistics, it is far easier than you think and can be learnt (It's also very important to be good at statistics for research!)

-Check to see if they are BPS accredited. You will need this if you want to become a chartered psychologist

-Visit them both if you can. If not look at the type of uni they are (e.g. campus) and try to work out the type of environment there would be there. Whilst it is good to look at the course details and graduate employability, at the end of the day you will always perform better at a uni where you feel comfortable and will enjoy yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest