The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Just got a letter in the post saying uclan have my application:frown: just want an offer
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Superannie1
Just got a letter in the post saying uclan have my application:frown: just want an offer

Be patient I'm sure they'll give you an offer and on the plus side at least they have your application so don't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
I've applied for fashion brand promotion and photography
Original post by maryamzahid
Be patient I'm sure they'll give you an offer and on the plus side at least they have your application so don't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i know, how long after receiving a letter did you get your offer?
Reply 64
yeah i know, how long after receiving a letter did you get your offer?

hehe I got the offer before receiving the letter! funny that right? but seriously don't stress about it honestly-I am sure you will be ok. I got my offer a week after I sent it and I know how excruciating it is.
hehe I got the offer before receiving the letter! funny that right? but seriously don't stress about it honestly-I am sure you will be ok. I got my offer a week after I sent it and I know how excruciating it is.

ahhh! mine will be a week tomorrow! so fingers crossed haha!
Reply 66
ahhh! mine will be a week tomorrow! so fingers crossed haha!

haha fingers crossed you get an offer xx. which place do you really wanna go to? I want Liverpool really badly :/
Reply 67
may I ask what the accommodation is like? I looked at the website but I rather have someone's first hand experience :smile: also what course are you doing? :tongue:

Hey im on the International Tourism Management course and i currently live in iQ Preston student halls.
I'm not gonna lie, it all depends on your flatmates to your perceptions of the student accommodation, i mean they are quite depressing! The fact it doesn't feel like a home like a student house would but you HAVE to do student halls for your first year, otherwise you'll miss out! The social life is pretty good in the halls, parties etc. Some people love halls, some people don't, i say its down to flatmates.
Reply 68
Original post by KGW
Hey im on the International Tourism Management course and i currently live in iQ Preston student halls.
I'm not gonna lie, it all depends on your flatmates to your perceptions of the student accommodation, i mean they are quite depressing! The fact it doesn't feel like a home like a student house would but you HAVE to do student halls for your first year, otherwise you'll miss out! The social life is pretty good in the halls, parties etc. Some people love halls, some people don't, i say its down to flatmates.

i completely agree with you. I really want to live in halls regardless of who I end up with because it will be a experience and all. and anyway how is IQ Preston like? I looked online and it seems really nice :smile:
Reply 69
i completely agree with you. I really want to live in halls regardless of who I end up with because it will be a experience and all. and anyway how is IQ Preston like? I looked online and it seems really nice :smile:

iQ is the biggest of the halls and better socially. iQ and Lawson are the two nicest accommodations so if you want either, get in early! They go so quick, especially iQ this year it literally was full within the month of applications for halls opening.

They security at Lawson are very tight whereas iQ is more leniant and theres a Nisa underneath so its good if you need to nip for some milk! Plus iQ is literally on campus so everythings very close by.
Reply 70
UCLAN is my first choice hopefully. I applied to do Photography BA and did my online portfolio the other day. I have to go for an interview so hopefully I get one soon! Anyone else doing photography?
Reply 71
Original post by KGW
iQ is the biggest of the halls and better socially. iQ and Lawson are the two nicest accommodations so if you want either, get in early! They go so quick, especially iQ this year it literally was full within the month of applications for halls opening.

They security at Lawson are very tight whereas iQ is more leniant and theres a Nisa underneath so its good if you need to nip for some milk! Plus iQ is literally on campus so everythings very close by.

im going to an open day on Saturday so I'm looking forward to seeing the accommodation for myself :smile: cant wait
im going to an open day on Saturday so I'm looking forward to seeing the accommodation for myself :smile: cant wait

im going to the open day on saturday to!
just got my offer!!!!! finally! yay
Reply 74
im going to the open day on saturday to!

yay! maybe we shall see each other.

Spoiler

Reply 75
Ribble for life, can't touch this. £20 more in my pocket per week compared to iQ who needs best looking accommodation when all you need is the box standard wardrobe, desk, bed and sink. Never understand people who go for the highest priced accommodation for first choice must be some kind of vanity thing and you need to have the best looking accommodation for some unknown reason. Ensuite (lol) everyone is on different schedules anyway and you never have any problems in that area so you're flushing all your money down that toilet of yours.

City center 5 minute walk away. Small local Nisa and Tesco express stores 1 and 3 minutes away respectively.
Reply 76
I'm thinking about UCLan being my insurance but I'm stuck between this and LJMU now :/ any idea which I should go for?
Reply 77
I'm thinking about UCLan being my insurance but I'm stuck between this and LJMU now :/ any idea which I should go for?

The one with the course that appeals to you most.
Reply 78
I wanted En-Suite so paid for iQ.

LJMU was my insurance choice :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Ruffiio
The one with the course that appeals to you most.

They both look quite fit tbh. think i need to go to the applicant day then make my decision. :smile:
Original post by KGW
I wanted En-Suite so paid for iQ.

LJMU was my insurance choice :smile:

LJMU is quite good i think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending