The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I have!! After like 2 weeks of applying, wbu?
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 81
Original post by maryamzahid
Hey, applied here to study Law in 2014. Anyone else wanting to study at Leeds Met next year? :smile:

Hey i have an unconditional for leeds met, accepted it :biggrin: have you guys heard anything yet?:smile:
Reply 82
I will be applying for one of the opals not quite sure yet, im swaying more towards opal 2.. You?
Reply 83
Original post by Jess109
Hey i have an unconditional for leeds met, accepted it :biggrin: have you guys heard anything yet?:smile:

I got an offer a few months back :smile: first one as well. but I declined as I got a place at Liverpool. Congrats on your offer btw :smile: Leeds Met is amazing :P
Reply 84
I received an offer on Monday to study Speech and Language Therapy! Any body else thinking of doing this course????
Reply 85
Original post by itskshhx
Is anybody doing criminology ?

I've applied to do criminology at Leeds met too, have you heard back yet?
Reply 86
Anyone heard anything for physio? :s-smilie:
Reply 87
Original post by xxjipxx
I received an offer on Monday to study Speech and Language Therapy! Any body else thinking of doing this course????

I've applied to SLT and my interview is 5th March! Have you done the interview then?
Reply 88
Original post by nwatt93
I've applied to SLT and my interview is 5th March! Have you done the interview then?

Yes mine was at the beginning of January :smile: good luck!
Reply 89
Original post by xxjipxx
Yes mine was at the beginning of January :smile: good luck!

How did it go? Have you any tips or advice? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by nwatt93
How did it go? Have you any tips or advice? :smile:

Really good thanks! I received an offer 8 days later :smile: I know it's easier said than done but just try and relax. Your communication skills and personality play a huge part in being a SLT so just try to be yourself. They are really sympathetic towards the stresses of getting on the course, so they are there to reassure you and help you with any questions or worries you have, so try not to panic too much! Hope it does well! Are you a mature student or going straight from education?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by xxjipxx
Really good thanks! I received an offer 8 days later :smile: I know it's easier said than done but just try and relax. Your communication skills and personality play a huge part in being a SLT so just try to be yourself. They are really sympathetic towards the stresses of getting on the course, so they are there to reassure you and help you with any questions or worries you have, so try not to panic too much! Hope it does well! Are you a mature student or going straight from education?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! Congrats on the offer :smile: Thats great advice, thanks! I done A-Levels and then went on to do an HND which I am doing at the minute so I would be a little older. Ill just have turned 21 when i go to uni.. if i get an offer! How did you find the written exercise and the listening? What kind of thing should I expect?
Reply 92
Original post by nwatt93
That's great! Congrats on the offer :smile: Thats great advice, thanks! I done A-Levels and then went on to do an HND which I am doing at the minute so I would be a little older. Ill just have turned 21 when i go to uni.. if i get an offer! How did you find the written exercise and the listening? What kind of thing should I expect?

Thank you :smile: can't go into too much detail about interviews because it's against the rules and has jeopardized peoples places in the past. But what I will say is that it's not designed to test you or put you on the spot, the questions are based on you and your own experience so you'll definitely have the answers. Like I said just try and not worry and be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by xxjipxx
Thank you :smile: can't go into too much detail about interviews because it's against the rules and has jeopardized peoples places in the past. But what I will say is that it's not designed to test you or put you on the spot, the questions are based on you and your own experience so you'll definitely have the answers. Like I said just try and not worry and be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand, worth a try lol. Really glad it went well for you :smile: Thanks, great advice! definitely put me at ease :smile: all the best in where you want to go!
Reply 94
Original post by nwatt93
I understand, worth a try lol. Really glad it went well for you :smile: Thanks, great advice! definitely put me at ease :smile: all the best in where you want to go!

One last question, what kind of thing would you advise me to wear? what did you find most people wearing?
Reply 95
Original post by nwatt93
One last question, what kind of thing would you advise me to wear? what did you find most people wearing?

Smart casual :smile: I wore black skirt, black tights and a smart top with a blazer. Where else have you applied :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by xxjipxx
Smart casual :smile: I wore black skirt, black tights and a smart top with a blazer. Where else have you applied :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile

awh not too bad then :smile: thanks! ive applied for University of Ulster in N.I. where I live and then Birmingham City, Queen Margaret Edinburgh and Strathclyde which ive been rejected from. wbu?
Reply 97
Original post by nwatt93
awh not too bad then :smile: thanks! ive applied for University of Ulster in N.I. where I live and then Birmingham City, Queen Margaret Edinburgh and Strathclyde which ive been rejected from. wbu?

Leeds Met, Manchester Met, Sheffield an De Montfort. Which is your first choice :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by xxjipxx
Leeds Met, Manchester Met, Sheffield an De Montfort. Which is your first choice :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile

awh very good :smile: first choice would be Uni of Ulster but I had an aptitude test to do for it and havent got the results yet. Havent heard from any other apart from Strathclyde. I'd love to get an offer for Leeds. whats your first choice?
Reply 99
Original post by nwatt93
awh very good :smile: first choice would be Uni of Ulster but I had an aptitude test to do for it and havent got the results yet. Havent heard from any other apart from Strathclyde. I'd love to get an offer for Leeds. whats your first choice?

Offers are usually given around the end of March time. Agonising wait I know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending