The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Postgrad New Students Chat Thread 2014

So, who's applying for postgrad courses at the University of Manchester?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey there, i logged into the uni's portal today and found a conditional offer waiting, but haven't recieved any email confirming such an offer was made... I don't even know what the condition is for the conditional offer?... How is tht possible, anybody knows?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by bell12
Hey there, i logged into the uni's portal today and found a conditional offer waiting, but haven't recieved any email confirming such an offer was made... I don't even know what the condition is for the conditional offer?... How is tht possible, anybody knows?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean that it was on UCAS Track?

If so, congratulations, you've definitely got an offer! Not all unis send out congratulations emails, and even when they do sometimes they'll take weeks or months.

To see the conditions of the offer, you need to go on Track again and click on the course code :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
No i applied directly since it's a postgrad degree. Where do i see the conditions..? I am talking about the Uni's website in the student portal or however they call it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bell12
No i applied directly since it's a postgrad degree. Where do i see the conditions..? I am talking about the Uni's website in the student portal or however they call it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, this is rather outside my area, as I'm an undergrad.

If you're worried, I'd suggest getting in contact with the department directly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Could you please keep us posted though?

As I'm in a similar situation, applying for a MSc Risk Analysis.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by bell12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's an offer - you'll get emailed a pdf of a letter detailing your conditions and outlining course costs etc soon. Generally you have to get a 2.i and meet any language requirements.

Original post by Pito
Could you please keep us posted though?

As I'm in a similar situation, applying for a MSc Accounting & Finance.
Reply 7
Update - i did email them. i recieved a response saying it was an offer and they see that i have accepted the conditional offer through the website. i still haven't recieved any email with a PDF or anything... and their site is down now so i guess i will check in a few days. well at least i know i got an offer :smile:) Manchester here i come!
Reply 8
Original post by bell12
Update - i did email them. i recieved a response saying it was an offer and they see that i have accepted the conditional offer through the website. i still haven't recieved any email with a PDF or anything... and their site is down now so i guess i will check in a few days. well at least i know i got an offer :smile:) Manchester here i come!

Excellent news! Give it time - it's very early in the year to have an offer (assuming you're not planning on a January start), I didn't get my letter until June. It's all very informal at post-grad level, they assume you'll make the grades without checking until the first day, for example.
Reply 9
am applying for a PG at UoM, there's a section of main funding anyone know what award status implys??
thanks in advance
Reply 10
hello i just finished applying for postgraduate and the admissions team sent me an email stating i need to send my degree certificate/transcript. At the moment i haven't one, am graduating in december 2013 and my transcript will be out in january 2014. anyone with advice on what i can do, i don't want to lose this opportunity with UoM?? thanks in advance:smile:
Original post by marko19
hello i just finished applying for postgraduate and the admissions team sent me an email stating i need to send my degree certificate/transcript. At the moment i haven't one, am graduating in december 2013 and my transcript will be out in january 2014. anyone with advice on what i can do, i don't want to lose this opportunity with UoM?? thanks in advance:smile:

I've moved this to the postgrad applications thread.

Have they stated a specific deadline for sending in the transcript? I'd suggest emailing them, and letting them know when you will get your certificate.
Reply 12
Original post by Origami Bullets
I've moved this to the postgrad applications thread.

Have they stated a specific deadline for sending in the transcript? I'd suggest emailing them, and letting them know when you will get your certificate.

please send my the link where you've posted my thread/question??thanks. the due date is 22 december 2013. initially in my application i sent them my partial testimonial but it lacked one semester's results, so i think they have ignored it and want a transcript which i don't have:frown:. as you've said let me try and email them and see, i hope they respond pronto. i heard some students get offers in less than a months time? i don't know whether its home based students(british) or international; am an international student by the way
Original post by marko19
please send my the link where you've posted my thread/question??thanks. the due date is 22 december 2013. initially in my application i sent them my partial testimonial but it lacked one semester's results, so i think they have ignored it and want a transcript which i don't have:frown:. as you've said let me try and email them and see, i hope they respond pronto. i heard some students get offers in less than a months time? i don't know whether its home based students(british) or international; am an international student by the way

If you look at the URL bar at the top of the screen, that's where your question is (ie it's here).

I really don't know anything about postgrad applications I'm afraid - I'm an undergrad myself, so you'll just have to wait for them to reply to your email :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of you guys have offers already? Congratulations- Brill news :smile:! How long did it take to recieve an offer after submitting your application?
Reply 15
hey ! I too got an offer for a pg program from university of manchester business school . My conditional was mailed to me by the admission incharge along with the conditions . Why don't you mail the admission officer . Get the contact by going to the course you're applying to and go on the contact us tab
Reply 16
And yes it took me about 1.5 months to receive the offer ! . So any more pg students out here ?
Reply 17
Original post by marko19

hey just send the marksheets of the previous semesters , that should work
Reply 18
I received an unconditional offer for the PHD program I applied to. The process took about two weeks from the time my last academic reference was sent in. If you have any questions about the process, I'll be more than happy to help.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Hi all, I accepted my offer for the MSc in risk analysis two days ago. It's conditional on receiving my certificate for undergrad :smile: very excited! Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending