The Student Room Group

Morrisons Telephone Interview

Hey, all!
So, I received a call today from the morrisons recruitment team but unfortunately I missed it, however they sent me an email asking them if I could call them back within 24 so they could interview me over the phone.

I've never once had a phone interview, nor a face-to-face one.
Can somebody who has had a phone interview with morrisons tell me the kind of questions they ask, so I can be prepared?

Not had a phone interview with morrisons. But literally every phone interview is always pretty much the same.. they mainly ask "why do you want to work for them" "what makes you different" "what work experience do you have" "what skills can you bring in to the team"
The next stages is when it differentiates

You have to be confident. Since you have never had any phone interviews or face to face interviews, it might be slightly difficult. It is just you being yourself and being confident to talk to anyone
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I work at Morrisons but I had a face-to-face interview, they basically asked me how I would travel there, what I was doing at school and what I planned to do after, then asked me stuff like "describe a situation when someone came to you for help", "how have you worked in a team?", "describe a situation when you had to work extra hard to achieve something" and "why do you want to work here?".
Turns out I was lucky with my interview as some of my friends went for interviews later in the year, and they had to describe products like fish, oranges and bread :u:
It's nothing to worry about though! :smile:
I don't think Morrisons do phone interviews. I also missed the phone call (Well, they actually rang me whilst I was still in school), but they only wanted me to ring back so I could arrange a one-to-one interview in store. Maybe that's what they'll do with you. Basically we got told in our induction that the interview basically means we're hired, unless you cock up big time.
Reply 4
Thanks for all your replies, Guys! I was successful in the phone interview and they have invited me to a Welcome day on the 28th of this month!

Original post by Kilroy8
I don't think Morrisons do phone interviews. I also missed the phone call (Well, they actually rang me whilst I was still in school), but they only wanted me to ring back so I could arrange a one-to-one interview in store. Maybe that's what they'll do with you. Basically we got told in our induction that the interview basically means we're hired, unless you cock up big time.

They do do them and they haven’t said anything about doing a face-to-face interview, so hooray for that.
Hopefully I get this job, I NEED it!
Reply 5
I had a morrisons phone interview, and it was the worst thing ever.
It was through a recruitment company, they just asked questions off of a website and you could hear them typing your answer in.
I could barely hear the 'interviewer' over all the typing noises and people talking in the background. After that experience, I wouldn't have wanted the job anyway :tongue:
Has anyone had a telephone interview this week?? I have mine tomorrow, just wondering what type of questions they ask
What did they ask?
Original post by geeko123456
What did they ask?

can't really remember, it weren't hard or anything just have to make sure your in a really quiet room cos the lady I spoke too sounded like she put me on speaker phone so cud barely hear her
They just basically asked me why I want to work for morrisons ( I said I feel like they are a reliable company who wud look after you) and also she asked me to describe a time I used my own intuitive to achieve something, also what makes you think you can perform well in the particular role (leadership/team working skills etc) they also wanted me to describe a time I worked in a team. Just stuff like that
What role did you apply for?
the

What role did you apply for?

manufacturing degree apprenticeship - but it wasn't what I wanted and I actually withdrew my application once the interview was over
Original post by ogrange344
the

manufacturing degree apprenticeship - but it wasn't what I wanted and I actually withdrew my application once the interview was over

I have a interview for the same role tmrw. So really wanted to know the questions.
(edited 4 years ago)
I have a interview for the same role tmrw. So really wanted to know the questions.

How did it go? Did you get it?
Original post by ogrange344
How did it go? Did you get it?

i went for assesment day. Never got the job. Have u applied for tje same role?
Reply 14
Original post by Silver Arrows
I don't think Morrisons do phone interviews. I also missed the phone call (Well, they actually rang me whilst I was still in school), but they only wanted me to ring back so I could arrange a one-to-one interview in store. Maybe that's what they'll do with you. Basically we got told in our induction that the interview basically means we're hired, unless you **** up big time.

Can i see your application

Latest

Trending

Trending