The Student Room Group

Have you ever been 'the other woman'?

How did you find it? Did the guy break up with his girlfriend for you?

Scroll to see replies

It was fun at first... then sht went down and it wasn't quite so fun, but yup he broke up with her :smile:
Reply 2
Whoever broke up with their girl friend for me suffered the biggest disappointment and humiliation from my side.
And I gave those poor girls my humblest sympathies for wasting their time with such idiots.
I just need to say that if a guy can break up for you he can do the same to you in the future for a better girl. So, one mustn't feel as if she was swept off her feet by his selfish act....you may be the victim next time.

i haven't had any boyfriends and maybe I am too uptight to wish for one.i haven't found anyone desirable...call me conceited...cold..whatever...I love the way I am.
Reply 3
No because's I'm not a woman.
Most unwittingly :sadnod: :erm: :facepalm: It didn't have a happy ending :no:
Original post by Hellcat12
Whoever broke up with their girl friend for me suffered the biggest disappointment and humiliation from my side.
And I gave those poor girls my humblest sympathies for wasting their time with such idiots.
I just need to say that if a guy can break up for you he can do the same to you in the future for a better girl. So, one mustn't feel as if she was swept off her feet by his selfish act....you may be the victim next time.

i haven't had any boyfriends and maybe I am too uptight to wish for one.i haven't found anyone desirable...call me conceited...cold..whatever...I love the way I am.

You did those girls such a great service by letting their boyfriends cheat on them with you :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by sugar-n-spice
You did those girls such a great service by letting their boyfriends cheat on them with you :rolleyes:

Apparently...they broke up without my knowledge and without my consent

I am a Virgin...those guys just knew me by face and a few social events.
Apparently...they broke up without my knowledge and without my consent

I am a Virgin...those guys just knew me by face and a few social events.

'Those' guys- There's more than 1??!! :eek:
I'd better watch out...:^_^:
(edited 10 years ago)
I've not been the other woman but I was unwittingly the other man. Objectively I hadn't done anything wrong because she lied to me about being single (not to mention the lies she told to her boyfriend) but I still felt terribly guilty. It's an emotionally fraught situation to get into that's for sure.

It can sort of work out because that's how my parents got together - my Dad left his first wife for my Mum. Which is not exactly a beautiful story but people can be happy. I don't think he's ever cheated on her and they're still together.

Generally speaking, I'd advise not being the other woman/man and if someone who loves you is in a bad relationship, get him/her to resolve that before starting anything new with you.
Reply 9
No. I would never do such a thing, and I find girls who knowingly do so as abhorrent as the person who's doing the cheating.

Not to mention completely foolish, as they'll inevitably wind up cheated on as well.
Yes.

I was one of those people who says "I'd never do such a thing, how disgusting" But it happened, I got myself into a horrible situation. He was my friend, things progressed (we didn't do anything sexual but feelings began to appear) Some people say if nothing physically happened then it doesn't count as cheating but as far as I'm concerned we were emotionally involved therefore it was, and yes it sickens me. I backed off out of guilt/fear/disgust/regret but by then he'd already made arrangements to leave his mrs and was living with his sister. I didn't want any of that, I didn't want him or anything to happen.

All's I could do was cut myself off and avoid him like the plague and apologize for my part. Turns out, his other half had been sleeping with tons of men behind his back, he had been aware of this for some time. He texted me out of the blue to tell me and that he was still split from her. He also said being close to me gave him the courage to do so, I didn't reply. Thinking back, he knew she was playing away and he tried to play her at her own game - using me to do so, but it didn't work in his way.

I feel horrendously guilty even to this day. It really isn't worth it, and if they cheat once they will do it again. Its disrespectful and degrading and I'd like to think I'll never be stupid enough to put myself in that situation ever again.
I have unwittingly. Didn't know he had a gf. As soon as I found out he was gone. Blocked and deleted and ignored. I felt like absolute crap.
Reply 12
Original post by subjectman10
'Those' guys- There's more than 1??!! :eek:
I'd better watch out...:^_^:

Well yeah

Watch out for what?
Well yeah

Watch out for what?

A casual 'well yeah' Now, I'm really worried :eek:
Umm..Nothing- don't worry about it :colondollar:
Reply 14
Original post by subjectman10
A casual 'well yeah' Now, I'm really worried :eek:
Umm..Nothing- don't worry about it :colondollar:

:biggrin: it's not so special you know...they were simply big cheats who don't need anyone's attentions

:confused:
:biggrin: it's not so special you know...they were simply big cheats who don't need anyone's attentions

:confused:

Okay :biggrin:

EDIT: I feel a lot better now that you've clarified the situation :smile:
Unfortunately yes. My ex was still in a relationship with a girl when he was with me. I didn't find out until months later and I now understand why she was massively jealous of us. I only found out when I saw messages on his laptop to her telling her that he loved her. When I looked at the date, it was the first night that he had kissed me. It made me feel so sick!
Stupidly I did stay with him because it was months later and I did really like him but I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that! The trust was totally gone.
I mean, I believe they are doing their GFs a great honor by breaking up with them for 'the other woman'. I just hope the 'other woman' breaks up with him too.
But then again, I think it's also great that the person's being a big enough person to spare his initial girlfriend the embarrassment of discovering he is cheating later on
Reply 18

Girl is right here. If they've broke up with someone for you, they may do it again so there is no trust element.
There may be only one case in like 50 or a 100 when say one is not happy in a relationship and then meets his childhood love and let's say they are both 25-30, so adults and know what they are doing. And if he breaks up with a ****ty girlfriend to be with a girl he loved/loves, may be it could work.
I went through a rough patch with my boyfriend and I suppose we were quite vulnerable I took comfort within my friends where as his closest friends are a little immature, but they (there twins) have a sister. who wormed her way in. my boyfriend didn't cheat it, suppose he just needed someone to talk to during that rough patch but the more they spoke and took her advise the worse we got, took a good month for him to realise what he was actually doing and what she was doing to try and take him! worst experience ever, but got through it, and thankfully nothing like that ever happened again.

it was horrible to see her playing mind games like that on him, but karma will come back to her! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending