A in Welsh Bacc

------------------------------------

I'm predicted

A in Geography
B in History
B in Psychology
b in English Lit (AS)
A in Welsh Bacc

My teachers have all said that my predictions are realistic I will be able to meet them. So this leaves me with the question of whether or not I should apply to universities asking for AAB. I've decided on Liverpool (ABB), Keele (BBB) and Bangor (AAB-BBC), but I'm also looking at Cardiff (AAA-AAB), Leeds (AAB) and Sheffield (AAB). So if I was to reach my predicted grade in the summer would they accept me with AABBb, or should I stick to ABB?
Reply 1
Why are you doing 4 A2's. AAB is entirely realistic, you just need to work more/more effectively.
Reply 2
You should provide details of your UMS and % UMS so it's easier to see if you're borderline B or low C for example.
Reply 3
I would put at least one down to give you some motivation to work hard... Plus if you have 1 you still have 4 backups which would hopefully accept you if the higher one doesn't
The usual advice is to spread your applications across grade requirements, with 1 choice just above your grade requirements (AAB), 3 choices at your predictions (ABB) and one below as a safety choice (and potential Insurance choice) (BBB).

Cardiff is probably a waste of time - the lower grade set will be for 'contextual offers' (applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds) with AAA as the standard offer. Not realistic given your predictions/low AS grades. Given this, I think you need more ABB choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending