The Student Room Group

What team should I support?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by economist2
Bangladesh.

ahh okay
Original post by PAULA7777
anyway thank you all. doesn't matter. nobody wants to help me. have nice day all.

Go away
I was born with a Leeds shirt on.

Doctors were quite baffled.
Original post by 3razy
It's boring being a neutral, to be fair, I'd rather watch Champions League then FA Cup if you know what I mean.

Will say the following: I absolutely love watching Spurs and going to see them play, and I'm all for us getting to the CL like we did in 2010-11. I was on my year abroad that year so could only attend very few matches. In fact, my first CL (and only CL game so far) was Valencia v Schalke in February 2011.

My first Euro away with Spurs was at Basel this year, in the Europa League QF. Had a bit of difficulty scoring a ticket but ended up getting one a few days before. CL though = nigh on the impossible to get an away ticket. Everyone wants one. Whereas Europa, it's a bit easier, and the atmosphere's still there, as are the beers and the memories.

Just saying that watching Champions League football live is expensive and difficult as everyone wants in. It means more success, but it's not something to jump straight into if you've only just started going.
Reply 44
Original post by rockrunride
Will say the following: I absolutely love watching Spurs and going to see them play, and I'm all for us getting to the CL like we did in 2010-11. I was on my year abroad that year so could only attend very few matches. In fact, my first CL (and only CL game so far) was Valencia v Schalke in February 2011.

My first Euro away with Spurs was at Basel this year, in the Europa League QF. Had a bit of difficulty scoring a ticket but ended up getting one a few days before. CL though = nigh on the impossible to get an away ticket. Everyone wants one. Whereas Europa, it's a bit easier, and the atmosphere's still there, as are the beers and the memories.

Just saying that watching Champions League football live is expensive and difficult as everyone wants in. It means more success, but it's not something to jump straight into if you've only just started going.

To be honest, I agree that it may be hard, but I'd still be commited to my club, I don't see Tottenham as that a club to be fair to you, but I just don't like this whole 'Yid Army' concept, even it's not offensive, I'd just prefer a decent team which is for everybody
Support City, you'll fit right in.
Reply 46
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Support City, you'll fit right in.

Don't get me wrong , I do like players from City, but there not a club I feel I can attact myself to,
Reply 47
Guys what Wimbledon like as a club..?
Original post by 3razy
Guys what Wimbledon like as a club..?

They don't exist- they're called MK Dons as they moved to a new area unless you're talking about AFC Wimbledon

Btw I support Chelsea. Used to like watching Arsenal play in 1998-1999 and never saw myself supporting United. Started supporting Chelsea properly in 1999 when I was 7/8. Friend kind of got me into supporting them as I didn't really support a team at the time. Used to like their players like Poyet, Petrescu, Wise, Desailly etc

Didn't wanna support Arsenal as it was too common for a black kid to do so haha (rebel without a cause)

We used to play good football when we had Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen, Zola, Petit and a young Lampard but we were so inconsistent. We were more than capable of beating United and Liverpool but we would always struggle to get a good run of results. Finally in 2002-2003, we managed to qualify for the Champions League after 4 years without qualifying. Should've finished 3rd that year though because I thought we were better than Newcastle. Luck has it that Abramovic bought us up and we haven't looked back. I'd have liked some managerial stability since then but I can't complain about the number of trophies we've managed to win.
Support Leeds, arguably the most hated club in Britain. We're not famous anymore!
Reply 50
Watch Match of the Day and Final Score every week, eventually you'll find a team whose football you will enjoy watching. Support them :tongue:.
I really couldn't say having been born into a city that had two prestigious football teams and a city wide fervour to match. Your born either blue or red. An old teacher once became a Villa supporter out of nowhere by saying that he would support whoever won a cup that year, many years later and he still supports them avidly.
Reply 52
Thanks for the input, however I've decided to let the club choose me, at the moment I'm neutral, but I do like Parma in Italy and Weder Bremen in Germany, not support, but like
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride
It depends on the interest level you're prepared to take. Do smaller clubs not 'do it' for you because regular attendance would be inconvenient (time, money etc)? If so, then you would indeed be better off supporting a Premier League team.

Where exactly in East London are you from? If you are prepared to attend matches and it's a case of picking out of the blue, you could do a lot worse than Orient or Charlton. However if you do have a 'connection' with any one team in your area, whoever they might be, I'd support them. Myself. I was never really a Spurs 'supporter' as a kid, despite feeling the connection as I came from Hertfordshire and they were my dad's team, but I admired them. Then when I could, I decided to start attending, and the love affair's gone from there.

Charlton are kings of the South. End of.
Original post by 3razy
charlton wouldn't be a bad idea to be fair

red armyyyy

Quick Reply

Latest