The Student Room Group

KPMG Audit School Leavers' 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
My advise is to call the firm and ask to speak to the school leavers team to accelerate getting a date, no harm in looking proactive.
Original post by JJFizzel
Has anyone else been waiting for over a month for an interview date?

Original post by jtd
My advise is to call the firm and ask to speak to the school leavers team to accelerate getting a date, no harm in looking proactive.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. Its busy season at the moment. Managers don't have time to be conducting interviews when they have plenty of chargeable work to be getting on with. You'll get scheduled in at some point but its unlikely to be until after March. People who call up the company all the time just annoy HR.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 442
toejoeson makes a fair point and I wouldn't suggest badgering them. However, from speaking to them myself the team that make the arrangements are HR professionals not auditors and whilst the comment on partner availability is true, this will only get worse as the year end busy season actually gets worse in February and March - my father is a partner and Im speaking from experience. No harm in making one call when you have already waited a month.
I think that i will just wait a few more weeks but if it gets to march i will just forget about the whole thing. Thank you though
I got an email saying they're extremely busy and will get in touch within a few weeks... Waiting for the final interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by villain17
To anyone who is prepping for their interview this is what I'd say: research what it is accounting involves so you can absolutely nail a question that WILL be asked on what you do as an accountant. I had my first round interview today after being told on Tuesday 25th (2 days ago) that I had to have it today. The school gave me Wednesday off but still couldn't prep enough. I went to the interview but never mentioned the short prep time as I didn't want to seem like I was making excuses. I thought the interview and exercise went well considering this however; after the interview the very nice interviewer said 'off the record you needed to nail the question on what do you understand about accountancy'. I'm devastated as I'm now sure I'm going to be rejected for a course that is just perfect for me and I know that I'm good for KPMG. Anyway any questions and I'm happy to help.
P.S. I find out in 3 working days

Did you get through?
Reply 446
Hey, I am a school leaver in my first year. I am Birmingham office and Birmingham uni. When you are at university you will livein student halls with everyone else who is KPMG Birmingham university. So yes when you are at university you are together regardless of office.

See you in September time!!

CP X

Original post by Haydn1611
Hi,

Never posted on here before but always checked through the posts for any tips before my interviews with KPMG!

I've accepted an offer in the Milton Keynes office, Birmingham Uni and was just wondering whether anyone knows if all the people who picked Birmingham across the offices are together for the periods in which we're there? Not just the lectures (or however they teach you) but the accomodation also?

Many thanks, would also be great to get to know anyone else who's got a Birmingham offer before we potentially meet at the uni!

Also, have a great christmas everyone!
Reply 447
Hey I am a 2014 school leaver at Birmingham uni and Birmingham office.

That is absolutely fine it just means that the office looks to see if you are suitable and then the university does aswell. (if you will meet the requirements)

CP X

Original post by JessicaS_
I got an email this morning saying my application has been forwarded to their University Partners for screening, not really sure what they meant? Is that a good or bad thing aha?

Hope everyones application is going well & Happy New Year!!
Reply 448
Hi I am a 2014 school leavert Birmingham office and Birmingham university.

They have people apply in august that start in September so don't worry about being late

CP X

Original post by JHZ
I wish I found about about this scheme earlier! My school has never mentioned this, and only stumbled onto this thread because I'm looking for alternative routes. But do you think it's too late to apply? Hopefully if I get it done today or tomorrow I still get a good chance (currently looking at London/Birmingham combo) And any tips and advises would be appreciated!
Reply 449
What kind of answer are they looking for if they ask, "what accountancy involves?", I am not sure if its meant to be a vague overview or you have to go into great detail.
Original post by KPMG
Hey, I am a school leaver in my first year. I am Birmingham office and Birmingham uni. When you are at university you will livein student halls with everyone else who is KPMG Birmingham university. So yes when you are at university you are together regardless of office.

See you in September time!!

CP X

Thank you for the reply! That's cool then, yeah, see you September time hopefully! How are you finding it?
Reply 451
Original post by KPMG
Hi I am a 2014 school leavert Birmingham office and Birmingham university.

They have people apply in august that start in September so don't worry about being late

CP X

Thanks for the reply! I'd rather not do it that late though, this person was probably very exceptional and talented. I'll send off everything once my mock exams are over so I wouldn't feel too stressed and pushed for time.

How are you finding it at Birmingham? It's my first choice so I would appreciate it if you could share your experience. Thanks :smile:
Reply 452
Its good... The first term is basically just the university experience. And now we are all at work so having to earn our money I guess. However everyone is really understanding and helpful in the office.

CP X

Original post by Haydn1611
Thank you for the reply! That's cool then, yeah, see you September time hopefully! How are you finding it?
Reply 453
Yeh it is on a first come basis so the sooner the better really. (especially s offices get filled so if you are applying to a 'popular' office sooner rather than later is advisable.
Being at university the first term was great just like a normal student (but being paid to be there) and you are with all the other students aswell. We are now all at work and depending what department you are put in depends on if you will be busy now.

CP X

Original post by JHZ
Thanks for the reply! I'd rather not do it that late though, this person was probably very exceptional and talented. I'll send off everything once my mock exams are over so I wouldn't feel too stressed and pushed for time.

How are you finding it at Birmingham? It's my first choice so I would appreciate it if you could share your experience. Thanks :smile:
Original post by JHZ
I wish I found about about this scheme earlier! My school has never mentioned this, and only stumbled onto this thread because I'm looking for alternative routes. But do you think it's too late to apply? Hopefully if I get it done today or tomorrow I still get a good chance (currently looking at London/Birmingham combo) And any tips and advises would be appreciated!

Hi there,

Have a look here and you can see a whole host of reviews from those who have applied to this schemes and other similar schemes.

Good luck,

Amit
Original post by KPMG
Yeh it is on a first come basis so the sooner the better really. (especially s offices get filled so if you are applying to a 'popular' office sooner rather than later is advisable.
Being at university the first term was great just like a normal student (but being paid to be there) and you are with all the other students aswell. We are now all at work and depending what department you are put in depends on if you will be busy now.

CP X

Hi, I'm thinking of applying next year and was wondering how many spaces are there for the Birmingham uni and office combination. Also if you live in Birmingham do you have to take the accommodation because I live fairly close to the campus and would rather stay at home where I have
More space. And I wanted to know whether the accommodation includes the meal plan scheme?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've finally booked an interview date! Has anybody else?
For the final stage interview with the partner does anyone have any tips! Just curious as to whether you present standing up or seated - silly question i know but you are not provided a computer/laptop.
Original post by h_1411
For the final stage interview with the partner does anyone have any tips! Just curious as to whether you present standing up or seated - silly question i know but you are not provided a computer/laptop.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JessicaS_
I've finally booked an interview date! Has anybody else?

Yeah i just booked mine. I was waiting for over a month to book it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending