The Student Room Group

KPMG Audit School Leavers' 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer - Birmingham Uni + Manchester office. Absolutely Buzzing! !!
Original post by Jeevz123
Just got an offer - Birmingham Uni + Manchester office. Absolutely Buzzing! !!

Hey man, I've got my partner interview tomorrow, have you got any final tips in order for me to get through? thanks :smile:
Original post by Nish230696
Hey man, I've got my partner interview tomorrow, have you got any final tips in order for me to get through? thanks :smile:

Would you be able to tell me what that involves? do you have to do an e-tray exercise? what did the email they sent say?

Thanks
Original post by PatrickMck
Would you be able to tell me what that involves? do you have to do an e-tray exercise? what did the email they sent say?

Thanks

Partner Interview involves you presenting a 5 minute presentation on a business current affair topic of your choice. You will then be questioned on your presentation for 15 minutes. After this you will have a 40 minute competency based interview and i believe they talk a lot about career motivation here too.
Original post by Nish230696
Partner Interview involves you presenting a 5 minute presentation on a business current affair topic of your choice. You will then be questioned on your presentation for 15 minutes. After this you will have a 40 minute competency based interview and i believe they talk a lot about career motivation here too.

Okay cool thanks, so theres no assessment centre/e-tray exercises for school leavers?
Okay cool thanks, so theres no assessment centre/e-tray exercises for school leavers?

There is an e-tray exercise in the first interview but not in the final interview. And there is no assessment centre for school leavers with KPMG so don't worry about that

Hi Patrick,

Good luck with your interview - if you need any more advice or help have a look at www.ratemyapprenticehship.co.uk

Our site has over 1600 reviews from people who have embarked on school leaver schemes and apprenticeships. So you can see how the application process from someone else works.

As well as that, we have lots of useful advice pages which will help you on the day.

All the best,

Amit
Reply 527
Is anyone with an offer thinking of not accepting it?
Hi guys , thought I'd just share my experience on here hoping I might be able to answer some questions on the application process.
The SJT (situational judgement test ) is quite straight forward and tests your personality more than ability , in comparison to the verbal and numerical reasoning tests which were horrible a I didn't even finish them ! I don't think the tests where designed for a level students and although the actual questions weren't that hard the time constraints may cause you to make errors.
After this your application is screened by the university you've chosen .
The interview was quite arduous in terms of thinking on the spot but the environment is very relaxed . The only way to score really highly in the written exercise is to familiarise yourself with the booklet that they give you, the interviewer I had was very nice and they help to guide you towards displaying a key competecy with their questions. I'm through to the final stage interview but have been told due to the large volume of successful candidates they may only be able to offer me a place on the course commencing 2016 , hope this helps.
P.s I'm applying for Canary wharf -Durham !
I'm thinking of applying to the 2016 scheme. Does anyone know if you get the opportunity to travel abroad like to America?
Original post by Nikmali
Is anyone with an offer thinking of not accepting it?

I know of someone that rejected it
On to the final stage of the application :smile: Any tips for the partner interview; presentation and answering the questions?

Also, been told that if I get an offer it would most likely be for 2016 unless any of the 2015 offer holders rejects it or does not make their offer - anyone else in this position?
Original post by JessicaS_
On to the final stage of the application :smile: Any tips for the partner interview; presentation and answering the questions?

Also, been told that if I get an offer it would most likely be for 2016 unless any of the 2015 offer holders rejects it or does not make their offer - anyone else in this position?

Hi, I'm in the same position! its a good position to be in I think - take a gap year and know you've got something lined up after.
In terms of the interview they are not strict on time, in my case it was more relaxed than my 1st interview.

Good Luck!
Original post by Jeevz123
Hi, I'm in the same position! its a good position to be in I think - take a gap year and know you've got something lined up after.
In terms of the interview they are not strict on time, in my case it was more relaxed than my 1st interview.

Good Luck!

Hopefully I get in! I never really entertained the idea of a gap year, but now I'm quite excited :smile: Ah, that's good then, my 1st interview was some what chilled anyways!

What uni/office did you apply for?
Yeh, I'd be up for a gap year haha, I have applied for London Durham too, do you know when your final interview is?

Not yet, still waiting on the email for the dates!
Yeah I think a gap year will be really fun. I applied for Manchester/ B'ham
Hi everyone, I've applied to the London (Canary Wharf) office and Durham university combination. I have my first round interview on Monday, so could anyone give me tips for example the interview questions/ competencies being tested and the style of written exercise? Probably not competing with any of you for a place as all the 2015 spaces seem to be gone so most likely to be offered a place in 2016 if anything! Thanks!
does anyone know where to get the list of competencies that you could get tested on. The only ones that I have are broad generic ones sent in the email? is there anything else to go on?
Original post by tw15st3d
does anyone know where to get the list of competencies that you could get tested on. The only ones that I have are broad generic ones sent in the email? is there anything else to go on?

http://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/graduates/how-to-apply/behavioural-capabilities#.VPwvSfmsWao
Original post by tw15st3d

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Good luck - make sure you check out www.RateMyApprenticeship.co.uk

We have loads of useful advice pages that will help prepare you for your interview.

All the best,

Amit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending