The Student Room Group

KPMG Audit School Leavers' 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Thank you but how does this application work? do I still have to apply to university too just incase i get rejected from the KPMG programme? because i think its also a good idea to apply to uni too. do i have to apply to just the KPMG scheme or can i apply to uni aswell?

Stage 1: online application
Stage 2 : online assessments
Stage 3: university screening
Stage 4:first round interview and written assessment

Stage 5: partner interview
Original post by Craymond1995
Stage 1: online application
Stage 2 : online assessments
Stage 3: university screening
Stage 4:first round interview and written assessment

Stage 5: partner interview

Oh so does this scheme count as one of my 5 ucas choices?
No, you don't apply through ucas you apply through KPMGs career website
Original post by Craymond1995
No, you don't apply through ucas you apply through KPMGs career website

Ahh yeah thats what i thought so i can also apply to university through ucas aswell as the online application for kpmg? Because if kpmg reject me (i hope not) then i would need to fall back and go to uni :smile:
Unless i wait for the next year intake
Wait, so I have to achieve whatever my predicted grades will be otherwise I don't get an offer? My predicted grades may look something like A*AA but this scheme only requires ABB so what if I got like AAB?

(Obviously I will aim for my predicted grades :tongue:)
Just focus on getting an offer and then getting the best grades possible
Reply 566
Just wondering what you guys achieved at AS, and what your predicted grades room. Can you get an offer if you didnt achieve ABB at As? (Currently in my AS year, just finished exams)
Just got an offer for Canary Wharf/Durham for 2016! So excited!!:biggrin:
Original post by JessicaS_
Just got an offer for Canary Wharf/Durham for 2016! So excited!!:biggrin:

Hey, how come you got the 2016 offer already? Did you apply for 2015 and they delayed your start to 2016?

I am interested in applying for this same combination, Canary Wharf/Durham :biggrin: What grades did you get for AS and what were you predicted?
Wait, so I have to achieve whatever my predicted grades will be otherwise I don't get an offer? My predicted grades may look something like A*AA but this scheme only requires ABB so what if I got like AAB?

(Obviously I will aim for my predicted grades :tongue:)

Regardless of your predicted grades you need ABB or above
Original post by ryanlfc
Regardless of your predicted grades you need ABB or above

Okay so you don't have to match your predicted grades though? As long as the final grades you get are above ABB, that's fine right?

Another question, do they prefer certain subjects unofficially? On the website they don't state any certain subjects but would they favour someone who did Maths a level more than someone who didn't?
Okay so you don't have to match your predicted grades though? As long as the final grades you get are above ABB, that's fine right?

Another question, do they prefer certain subjects unofficially? On the website they don't state any certain subjects but would they favour someone who did Maths a level more than someone who didn't?

You still have to state your AS grades and predicted grades and as long as you do decent at AS and the higher the predicted the better than that should be alright. I dont think they really favour specific subjects, just generally those that are related (ie it may be difficult if you have a combo of Art, Pe and DT). My advice would be just do whatever subjects that you are going to get the best grades in, I dropped maths after AS , yet I still go an offer as well as all 5 offers from uni one of which were unconditional
Original post by ryanlfc
x

Okay, hopefully my grades will be above or match the grades they want. Another question was that they state the grades and there is an asterisk saying 'or equivalent'. Does this mean you can get say AAC which is equivalent to ABB? Or are they saying you could apply with a qualification that isn't A level (Cambridge pre-u and all of those etc) but whatever score you get must be equivalent to ABB?

Btw, well done on the offer when do you start? :smile:
Okay, hopefully my grades will be above or match the grades they want. Another question was that they state the grades and there is an asterisk saying 'or equivalent'. Does this mean you can get say AAC which is equivalent to ABB? Or are they saying you could apply with a qualification that isn't A level (Cambridge pre-u and all of those etc) but whatever score you get must be equivalent to ABB?

Btw, well done on the offer when do you start? :smile:

They mean equivalent qualifications which equal ABB in terms of UCAS points e.g. BBBBC in Scottish Highers.

Your grades are not important at all in getting the job though providing you meet the minimum grade boundaries. It's about how well you meet the competencies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 574
Original post by toejoeson
They mean equivalent qualifications which equal ABB in terms of UCAS points e.g. BBBBC in Scottish Highers.

Your grades are not important at all in getting the job though providing you meet the minimum grade boundaries. It's about how well you meet the competencies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does that mean I dont need ABB at AS to get through to the first stage, or do i need to have achieved that? Also is there anyone who applied with lower than ABB at AS and got through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got CCC as AS level and received an offer.
Original post by toejoeson

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true but I just wanted to make sure about the grades so I could actually past the first screening :smile:

As for the competencies, I haven't done much work experience yet so not sure how to answer some of the stuff they want. So far I have only completed a week at a debt management firm.
Hey, how come you got the 2016 offer already? Did you apply for 2015 and they delayed your start to 2016?

I am interested in applying for this same combination, Canary Wharf/Durham :biggrin: What grades did you get for AS and what were you predicted?

Yeah, I applied for 2015 but their over-subscribed so I have to wait until next year!

I don't do A Levels, I do the IB - I'm predicted 765 (A*AB) although the I'm not too sure I'll get those grades!
Original post by JessicaS_
Yeah, I applied for 2015 but their over-subscribed so I have to wait until next year!

I don't do A Levels, I do the IB - I'm predicted 765 (A*AB) although the I'm not too sure I'll get those grades!

Ah I see, around what time did you apply? I will apply as soon as applications open :smile:

Also, those are good predicted grade if anything you will match those or get above the ABB requirement :biggrin:
Ah I see, around what time did you apply? I will apply as soon as applications open :smile:

Also, those are good predicted grade if anything you will match those or get above the ABB requirement :biggrin:

I applied in December, but I booked all of my interviews really late! Yah, it's best to do it as soon as possible really

Haha thank you, fingers crossed I get them! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending