The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lotus_Eater
Hasn't everyone had "a past"?

The amount of people someone has slept with gives a very partial picture of what someone, a man or a woman, is like. Some of the worst relationships I've been in have involved people who probably seemed 'impeccable' on paper. Likewise my fiancee (like me) has had her share of partners but that's not something for me to "forgive" much less judge her for.

If someone is kind and loyal to me, I want to talk about our future, not her past. We should try and think the best of each other, and not spend our lives labelling and judging.

Fair play to you then but would you really want to have a child and start a family with an ex local bike ?
Its not only about you loving her though its about your image and the image of your family.children included
Original post by theoferdinand
Fair play to you then but would you really want to have a child and start a family with an ex local bike ?
Its not only about you loving her though its about your image and the image of your family.children included

Well, not many people we're friends with now necessarily know what either of us were like when we were single. But even if I did, presumably they'd already judge me by the same standard? And if they didn't, I wouldn't value their opinion much. If I have children I want it to be with someone who would be an excellent mother and I think she would be.

As for image, I think modern family set-ups are very complicated - divorce, remarriage, step-parents and so on. Parents are very judgemental about other parents, but only insofar as how they raise children. The older you get the less you care about what people did when they were young.
Original post by theoferdinand
This is a question for the guys .
Do you think its true what they say once a hoe always a hoe ?
Would you ever get into a relationship with a girl who "has a past"

No. Tells me a lot about her, even if she has "changed" I still wouldn't feel comfortable with her. It shows she is not very selective, what makes me special/different to her? Also shows she has a lack of respect for herself.
she aint messing with no broke bro :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending