The Student Room Group

Guys - Would you deep down think less of her if she texts first?

Poll

Would you think less of her for texting first? REALLY, DEEP DEEP DOWN

So I met this guy last night in a club, had a random kiss, we exchanged numbers.

I know i shouldnt really think much of him, it was only drunken exchange, but i would like to see him again.

He was the one to ask for my number first. But he still hasn't texted me yet.

I'm tempted to text him first, just saying hi. But i dont want him to think im desperate, or less of me for texting him first.

If I am to text him, when should i have texted him by before it just gets weird???
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will just answer your question:

No I won't think less of you, because I am not 15 years of age. End.

EDIT: Though usually the person who receives the number should be the first to contact in my opinion. I never ask girls for their numbers anyways, I think it's better to give mine.

So then if they do contact me, I know they are probably quite interested and would like to see me again..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
No but its always tricky because I want the girls I like to text me first but not the girls I don't like
Reply 3
So long as you don't text him saying how much you love him and eagerly await your marriage to each other then I don't think he'll care. If he's interested he'll be happy, if he's not interested he most likely won't respond.
Reply 4
I prefer it unless she was a clingy ****
Original post by A100whoo
So I met this guy last night in a club, had a random kiss, we exchanged numbers.

I know i shouldnt really think much of him, it was only drunken exchange, but i would like to see him again.

I'm tempted to text him first, just saying hi. But i dont want him to think im desperate, or less of me for texting him first.

I personally don't like the fact that guys have to text first, it makes it seem like girls are uninterested :smile:
Nah it'll probably make him feel cool asf tho, just don't be clingy mang

be cool

be cool
No. Though I might mistake it as someone just being friendly. But that's obviously not applicable to you as you've shared a kiss.
I hate my generation
Not at all, would be nice to have the girl text if I haven't for some reason texted her already
Hehehe, good result from the poll.
I ticked yes as a joke thinking someone must have done it; damn it...
Original post by John Stuart Mill
I ticked yes as a joke thinking someone must have done it; damn it...

:facepalm:
Reply 13
its just so you think he is interested in you and more 'genuine' (thinking potential bf) in the hope you'd sleep with him that night... dont look too much into a lad out on the pull :smile:

I would consider her to be a legend, and find her confidence attractive
Sometimes, but not every time.
If I were a guy.
Reply 16
You should. If a girl texts me first, I would probably assume she likes me and definitely start up a conversation.
Reply 17

If I am to text him, when should i have texted him by before it just gets weird???
I would think it's hot if she texted first. It shows she is into me.
Of course not. We feel wanted if she texts first. That doesn't mean we should always wait for her to do so though, she wants to feel wanted too :smile:
Reply 19
No I'd like it

Quick Reply

Latest