The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My mum used to smack my arse with a coat hanger and/or pull my ear. No joke.
Reply 41
Original post by Bassetts
I'll slap you on the bottom :sexface:

My parents slapped me occasionally.

cheeky :noway:

:rofl:

LMAO, from insulting heather to when he's running

aint seen this in time :laugh:
Reply 43
You don't know what a good thrashing is unless you went to an English boarding school before they outlawed physical punishments. Those days if you were seen fighting any where in school they would let you fight then you get called up to the headmaster's office and you'd get a few good ones on your butt. You run, flinch or so much as stare or give a dirty look and your backside will look like a body of a zebra.

My parents, well they never hit any of us because they were too busy with their careers and preferred outsourcing discipling to schools, nannies and in my case the boarding school. Admittedly did get it a few times from my mum, I think I was 9 the last time I got it from her for saying **** you to one neighbour kid. I didn't know what fornication was at that time and neither did I know that word meant that LOL... but damn the cane did hurt like hell.

Now I've had 4 kids and the eldest is now 19, I never quite believed in outsourcing their upbringing to others though my missus stayed home with them much of their younger days while I had to travel a fair bit for work. I'm quite proud of myself that none of them can ever remember me yelling at them as I don't think yelling or shouting at my kids is a good way to teach or discipline them. Hit them? I've never raised my hands on them and neither has my missus. I never quite followed much of the Asian style of parenting, preferring to follow a more Scandinavian approach and I have never forced my kids to do anything they didn't want when it came to academics though I encourage them a lot.
Quite a bit when I was younger. My mum held a belt over me as well when I was 3 because I wasn't sitting still whilst she brushed my hair (its thick and wavy and tangly), thankfully she didn't actually hit me with it though.
Reply 45
I was smacked on the bottom as a child when I misbehaved but other then that nothing else
All in the name of 'religion'. :rolleyes: I tell ya, religion does more harm than good. All these silly 'rules' you have to follow in the name of some 'God' which no one even knows exists.

Idiot it wasn't cause of that lol so shut it.
My sister didn't come home from school one day and so my dad made me go back to school.. Went up to my deputy headteacher (note he can't speak English lol) and started stuttering random stuff.. Plus it was a parents evening :colondollar:
Then I walked away from him.. And we left without having retrieved my sister.
Reply 47
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
My sister didn't come home from school one day and so my dad made me go back to school.. Went up to my deputy headteacher (note he can't speak English lol) and started stuttering random stuff.. Plus it was a parents evening :colondollar:
He made you pray. The Asians I know who were very religious also had strict upbringings. Make of that what you will.
Reply 48
When I was a kid they used to... They don't really hit me anymore
Reply 49
no never got hit but early childhood used get beaten often by my smack-rat of a dad .
cause he was always intoxicated , my mum didnt believe in violence after that period of my dad constant beating me and my sister . So my mum got rid my poor exuse of a father . i had strict grandparents but i didnt turn out like a spoilt brat like my cousin as she was the favorite one.
Reply 50
even TSR's biggest female virgin doesn't like me, I have no hope in life :cry2:

Just conjecture here, but it might be because you refer to woman with things like "TSR's biggest female virgin."
Reply 51
Only rarely, mainly when I was a bit older and cheeky in some alcohol fuelled situations.

Thank god times have changed on hitting kids at school. As to parents, I would completely castigate loving ones who occasionally smack their kids, but I think it is so wrong in principle and will never go there.
Yes.
Hmm, when I was a really young child I got the odd smack on the backside if I was misbehaving in public lol
Worst I ever had was getting scratched but it was an accident. I got a pillow over my face by my dad once though, I made sure he didn't do it again :P lol
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95

It depresses me that you consider what he did acceptable.

I shudder to think what it must be like growing up as a girl in the Middle East...
He made you pray. The Asians I know who were very religious also had strict upbringings. Make of that what you will.

Yeah but it was just that once..
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
It depresses me that you consider what he did acceptable.

I shudder to think what it must be like growing up as a girl in the Middle East...

Depresses you?!... Don't pretend to care.
Its just the fact you think I'm middle eastern. Well you fail because I'm Asian and I was born and bred in the UK.
Plus my dad isn't even religious.. Religion doesn't encourage you to beat the crap out of your children with no good reason. Only messed up 'culture' does.. Which contains no traces of religion!
Original post by yaboy
Wooden sticks, belts, sandals, telephone you name it they've used just about everything to keep me in line lol

But seriously Dad never hit/slapped me once where as mum beat the **** out of me in my early years

Mums were always the worst for beatings.
When I was younger a smack on the bottom from either parent, sometimes my mum used a slipper. When I got older (early teen) my mum stopped (mostly), my dad sometimes slapped me in the face or hit me. He pinned me against the wall once.

One time, when I was mid-teen, he got really angry and pushed me back onto the sofa and started to walk towards me. I kicked him in the chest. He hasn't hit me since.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Mums were always the worst for beatings.

Nah, my mum takes it out on my dad, who takes it out on me (it's not as bad now as it used to be) :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending