The Student Room Group

Who wishes they were in a relationship?

Like the tittle says?

Scroll to see replies

I've never been able to understand this mindset. Are some people never content with being single? What's wrong with it?
Reply 2
Romance, touch and sex are pretty important. Often the people that happy being single are making a choice, for the time being, rather than having it enforced by lack of opportunity!
Reply 3
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I've never been able to understand this mindset. Are some people never content with being single? What's wrong with it?

I struggle to be, I think I have a borderline personality disorder or something though
Original post by Ham22
It's lonely and unfulfilling, and it scrapes at your soul.

Don't you enjoy your own company? Or the company of your friends? I don't understand why your source of happiness needs to be another person that could leave you as quickly as they joined you. What's the value in being happy if it's completely dependent on someone else?
Original post by imhiya
I struggle to be, I think I have a borderline personality disorder or something though

Why? Have you seen a professional about that or is it just speculation on your part?
Reply 6
when you're 23 and never had a relationship, yes of course i am not content.
Original post by Bassetts
when you're 23 and never had a relationship, yes of course i am not content.

Have you been unhappy for 23 years because someone else isn't with you? Why do you think it's as bad as you think it is?
Sometimes I do...just for the fact that there's someone (else who isn't my family) who's there for me
Other times I don't...I'm content with being single and it saves all the hassle and emotions of being with someone
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Boo hoo no one in their RIGHT AMBITIOUS mind would want a stupid RELATIONSHIP. All everyone want is sex.

Just that some are willing to force themselves to be in a "relationship" just so they can have the sex. It's all about the sex. Even you know it. If no sex then it is "I BREAKING UP WITH YOU YOU DON LOV MEEE!!!1!!11"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you enjoy your own company? Or the company of your friends? I don't understand why your source of happiness needs to be another person that could leave you as quickly as they joined you. What's the value in being happy if it's completely dependent on someone else?

I think you're underestimating how good love in a relationship feels - it doesn't compare to enjoying your own company or that of friends. However, when I was single I was very happy to be single and enjoyed it because I was oblivious to what being in a relationship was like. When I accidentally got a girlfriend that all changed and now the thought of being single is horrible. I never want to go back to worse and less sex, the absence of romantic love, and not having someone who is your best friend and partner at the same time.
Have you been unhappy for 23 years because someone else isn't with you? Why do you think it's as bad as you think it is?

I doubt he cared as a kid :tongue:

In any case, it depends on what you mean by "wishes". It would be nice, yeah, but I don't stay up at night longing for one lol. Honestly, if you really wish you were, stop hoping for one, get yourself out there and make it happen :tongue:
Original post by maskofsanity
I think you're underestimating how good love in a relationship feels - it doesn't compare to enjoying your own company or that of friends. However, when I was single I was very happy to be single and enjoyed it because I was oblivious to what being in a relationship was like. When I accidentally got a girlfriend that all changed and now the thought of being single is horrible. I never want to go back to worse and less sex, the absence of romantic love, and not having someone who is your best friend and partner at the same time.

I don't think I am. I'm in a relationship now and it's going very well.
It bothers me no end... and then you've got the people who say looks don't matter - have you noticed they usually don't look too bad themselves?
I don't think I am. I'm in a relationship now and it's going very well.

Then your previous post is nonsensical.
Original post by Anonymous
It bothers me no end... and then you've got the people who say looks don't matter - have you noticed they usually don't look too bad themselves?

The reason why this is said is because when you begin to appreciate a person for who they are, rather than how they look, looks become less important. However, the first point of judgement from one person to the next is usually based on looks. Actually no, it's how they carry themselves. There's no point in having perfect teeth if you never smile.
Original post by Anonymous

When I started liking my bf I had no idea what he looked like.
Original post by maskofsanity
Then your previous post is nonsensical.

I've got to disagree there. My happiness isn't completely dependent on my girlfriend. I don't think it should ever be that way since it has the potential to lead to more unhappiness. I don't think I'm missing out on anything because of it.
I do :frown:
I've got to disagree there. My happiness isn't completely dependent on my girlfriend. I don't think it should ever be that way since it has the potential to lead to more unhappiness. I don't think I'm missing out on anything because of it.

You are comparing two different things - someone in a relationship not being dependent on their partner (which I agree is healthy) and someone longing for a relationship because they know they are superior to being single.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending