The Student Room Group

Feeling bad...

So something happened on Thursday as a result of me that I hadn't realised until yesterday. It wasn't a particularly big thing and I had a lot on at the time but I can't apologise to the people involved until Monday, and in the mean time I feel really bad!

I also am afraid of doing the same thing again at the same time as trying to help, which is exactly what I was trying to do. Any ideas what I can do to try and stop thinking about it for the next couple of days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by furryface12
So something happened on Thursday as a result of me that I hadn't realised until yesterday. It wasn't a particularly big thing and I had a lot on at the time but I can't apologise to the people involved until Monday, and in the mean time I feel really bad!

I also am afraid of doing the same thing again at the same time as trying to help, which is exactly what I was trying to do. Any ideas what I can do to try and stop thinking about it for the next couple of days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by emobambam
what did you do?

It would be very easy for people to work out who I was if I said, it wasn't particularly bad though I just feel awful :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It would be very easy for people to work out who I was if I said, it wasn't particularly bad though I just feel awful :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel horrible when I cause another person pain.its difficult, you just keep reliving it.the only thing that will help is time. I hope everything works out.
Reply 4
I feel horrible when I cause another person pain.its difficult, you just keep reliving it.the only thing that will help is time. I hope everything works out.

Exactly- at the time I thought I was doing the right thing and tbh if the same situation arose again I might even do the same thing as someone asked me to help so I did, but in doing so resulted in upsetting several people including the person I was trying to help, indirectly. But thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly- at the time I thought I was doing the right thing and tbh if the same situation arose again I might even do the same thing as someone asked me to help so I did, but in doing so resulted in upsetting several people including the person I was trying to help, indirectly. But thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure they'll realise that you didn't have any bad intentions. If you just apologise with sincerity and explain that you didn't know you were doing harm instead of helping, I'm sure they won't hold it against you :smile:
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

but you know in your head and your heart you had good intentions.
Reply 7
Original post by desdemonata
I'm sure they'll realise that you didn't have any bad intentions. If you just apologise with sincerity and explain that you didn't know you were doing harm instead of helping, I'm sure they won't hold it against you :smile:

I guess, I'll just speak to them on monday and hopefully everyone will have calmed down a bit by then and see each others' side of the argument, then we can try and sort it out a bit to do better next time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
but you know in your head and your heart you had good intentions.

That's what I keep telling myself, it seems reasonable now but at three in the morning I don't think like that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
That's what I keep telling myself, it seems reasonable now but at three in the morning I don't think like that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, I don't think anybody's rational at 3 a.m..
Reply 10
haha, I don't think anybody's rational at 3 a.m..

Precisely, I kept telling myself that too but it doesn't really help at the time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Precisely, I kept telling myself that too but it doesn't really help at the time..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I try never to do any serious thinking at 3 a.m..it never works out well.
Reply 12
I try never to do any serious thinking at 3 a.m..it never works out well.

True, I try not to for that reason but there you go :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending