The Student Room Group

Frontline Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carysclaff
Hi

I have an assessment centre at the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

I hope it went well! How was it? And did they tell you when you'd hear the result? My assessment day's not until the middle of January, I'm worried they're filling the places up already!

Sarah
Original post by shevon222
has anyone completed the psychometric test for the frontline programme? How did you find it? am literally in the process of completing mine and have no idea. Also after how long did you find out whether you have been invited to the assement center?

I found the psychometric test was harder than practice ones I'd found online! They got back to me really quickly after I submitted it, a day or two, but my assessment centre isn't until January. Have you heard anything? I hope it went well! :smile:
Does everyone who applies get invited to the psychometric test? It is implied on the site that they do, but surely they don't bother to invite everyone who has applied? I ask only because I'm still waiting for an invite and I applied ages ago. I emailed them to ask, and they just said that they'd get back to me soon as they'd had a large amounts of applications so hadn't got round to mine yet, but when I sent this email it had already been 3 weeks :/
Reply 23
Hi, what type of questions were in pshycometric test? I have to do mine very soon but terrified, is it multiple choice? Are the questions based on situations? Any info would b of help, thanks and good luck!
Reply 24
Original post by rmp221
Hi,

How long after submitting your application did you receive your psychometric test?

I received the invitation two days later
Reply 25
Original post by poppyrhiannon
Does everyone who applies get invited to the psychometric test? It is implied on the site that they do, but surely they don't bother to invite everyone who has applied? I ask only because I'm still waiting for an invite and I applied ages ago. I emailed them to ask, and they just said that they'd get back to me soon as they'd had a large amounts of applications so hadn't got round to mine yet, but when I sent this email it had already been 3 weeks :/

I think they must open it up to the majority of applicants?

I applied last Saturday (30/11/13) and received the invitation for the tests last Wednesday (04/12/13).

I would email them again if I were you?
Has anyone else had a letter from Lord Adonis? I went to an assessment centre a week ago and received a letter from the House of Lords congratulating me on getting a place but I haven't actually heard anything from Frontline themselves yet?
Reply 27
Original post by SarahMbwali
I found the psychometric test was harder than practice ones I'd found online! They got back to me really quickly after I submitted it, a day or two, but my assessment centre isn't until January. Have you heard anything? I hope it went well! :smile:

Hi,

I am due to do my psychometric test but I am very terrified... What type of questions are there? Are they situation based with multiple answers? Do you remember any examples? Any info would be helpfull . thank you and good luck!
Reply 28
Hi GinandLattes

What date was your assessment centre? Mine was the 28th and I still havent heard anything, although they said it would take a few weeks. I'm getting very nervous now! A letter seems a bit odd... They informed me on the day that we would find out via telephone...
Hi CarysClaff, I think mine was the 28th too, was that a Thursday? (I was the blonde in a black dress) They said 2-3weeks at the assessment centre too which is why I'm confused! I hope I've got a place but I don't want to get my hopes up!
I'm also concerned that my mobile phone gets no reception at work so I'm not sure how they'll get in touch if I have a place. Do you know if they call you regardless? Or only if successful?
So I definitely have a place! Anyone else know yet?
Congratulations!! You must be so excited, I'd be literally jumping for joy if I got a place! Did they give any indication of if they'd already offered many places / how many they expected to offer? I'm scared as my assessment centre isn't until the 14th of Jan more of us will be competing for fewer places... seems a bit of a funny system! How did you find the day? :smile: Well done again, fantastic news!!
Reply 32
Hey, how difficult was the assessment centre? Mine is on the 11th and just trying to prep now - any advice?
Reply 33
HI SarahMbwali I have my assessment on the 14th of Jan too. It would be great to see a friendly face!
Hi,

My assessment centre is at the end of Jan, places are offered on a first come first serve basis so if anyone has any hints they could pass on after the assessment centre it would be greatly appreciated. I completed the assessment centre for Step Up but didn't get it so any tips on questions etc would be amazing. I want this sooo much.

Thank you :smile:

Adina
Hi there,
I was just offered a place today on Frontline. I have been deferred to 2015 as I submitted my application on the deadline and was one of the last to do so. I also went to the assessment centre on 5th Feb which was the last one.
Hope this helps.
Chris
Original post by SarahMbwali
I hope it went well! How was it? And did they tell you when you'd hear the result? My assessment day's not until the middle of January, I'm worried they're filling the places up already!

Sarah

Hi there, I was told by phone this morning that I was successful.
Thanks
Chris
Hi I'm new to this, I want to apply for this programme after reading about it. Wat is frontline???
Reply 38
Hi, considering applying next year..was just wondering if anyone had the application form questions at hand so I have a bit more of an idea of what they are looking for? :smile:
Reply 39
hi
Are you now into your first year with frontline?
ive been invited to the assessment centre.(6th Nov 2014) ...can you pls share any invaluable info and tips please ..im so nervous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending