The Student Room Group

69 year old man attacked by youths

A man was punched to the floor and kicked in the face after trying to help a young woman being "harassed" at a bus stop in east London, police said.

Met Police said the 69-year-old man noticed three youths "begin to harass" a 27-year-old woman at a bus stop in Lower Clapton Road near Clapton Pond.

When he asked if she was OK one of the youths attacked him, causing serious facial injuries.

He was taken to hospital after the attack on Friday at 13:15 BST.

One of the suspects is described as male, aged between 13 and 14-years-old, about 5ft tall wearing a black Nike jacket, dark trousers and with one arm in a large white sling or cast.

The other two boys are described as of a similar age.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Det Con Vicki Henderson, of Hackney's Violent Crime Unit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24593000
Hope these idiots are caught soon. Pure scum.
London is an utter s*ithole (hence why I decided to move 290 miles to Sunderland for uni) so it doesn't suprise me. I grew up for most of my childhood in Clapton, in Hackney, so it doesn't shock me. I feel for the guy this happened too, I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery soon.
69 :colone:
Original post by beansontoast93
London is an utter s*ithole (hence why I decided to move 290 miles to Sunderland for uni) so it doesn't suprise me. I grew up for most of my childhood in Clapton, in Hackney, so it doesn't shock me. I feel for the guy this happened too, I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery soon.

Some parts in London are awful, don't generalise. There are dicks everywhere.

Those stupid kids would probably get 100 hours of community service which is nowhere near enough.
Reply 4
This is disgusting! By entrance of our block or inside it sometimes there stand a group of teenagers and it actually scares me a lot just to go through when things like this are happening :K:
Reply 5
Completely feral. They should be shot.

I live in London too, can't wait to move to a more intelligent area of the country, there's a reason none of my applied universities are in London :smile:
Oh look, someone's being assaulted. Should I try and help him? Nah **** it I'll just record it on my phone.
Original post by privat
Completely feral. They should be shot.

Yes because that's so civilised.

Not all of London is like Hackney.
Original post by tengentoppa
Yes because that's so civilised.

I hate this 'civilised' crap, so what pushing a 69 year old to the floor is 'civilised' is it? People should know that there are consequences of their actions not 'few hrs of community service innit'

Haha London's a ****hole so you live in Sunderland? One of the poorest places in the UK. London has it bad areas but also has very nice, safe areas like all metropolises'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by John Stuart Mill
I hate this 'civilised' crap, so what pushing a 69 year old to the floor is 'civilised' is it? People should know that there are consequences of their actions not 'few hrs of community service innit'

That "civilised crap" is what stops society descending into this. I'm not advocating what they did, but calling for them to be shot is just barbaric.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending