The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB Undergraduate applicants for 2014 entry! Mark I

Just thought I would start a thread for anyone applying to Queen's for 2014 Entry.

What is everyone applying to? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MEng: Computer Science w/ 1 year industrial placement
MSci: Computer Science w/ Mathematics
BSci: Computer Science w/ Physics

I am very much set on going to QUB provided my application to Cambridge doesn't come to anything.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
I'm applying to Queen's for Psychology!
Actuarial Science and Risk Mgt. here:tongue: Has anyone applied already, or is everyone still preparing their applications?
Reply 4
Original post by Sidhant Shivram
Actuarial Science and Risk Mgt. here:tongue: Has anyone applied already, or is everyone still preparing their applications?

My application is long gone, received an offer from Warwick on the 25th

No, I have had mine sent away for about three weeks now.

Original post by UserAlex
My application is long gone, received an offer from Warwick on the 25th

Awesome, I applied there too for law. Still waiting on word back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by GeneralStudent95
No, I have had mine sent away for about three weeks now.

Awesome, I applied there too for law. Still waiting on word back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck :smile:
Im just in the middle of applying for Learning Disability Nursing :smile:
Just need to sort out a good personal statement, last applied to university in 2006 :/
Mature student now, so i believe its slightly different in what qualifications etc they need me to have.
fingers crossed!
Reply 8
Applied last week for
MSci in Biochemistry with Professional Studies and
BSc in Microbiology with Professional Studies
Just got a Law offer from Queens today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there! I'm applying for English and Creative writing at Queen's, I think. I haven't sent off my application form, aghh!
I was just wondering, for any current students who might have knowledge or anyone else who has similar worries, what opinions might be of a student coming from the mainland UK (South of England specifically) to study in Belfast? Do english people tend to get a lot of negativity and find it harder to make friends?! I get so nervous about that kind of thing!
I dont know about the student side of things, but ive just moved over from the north of england to belfast and I love it :smile:
Yes the traffic and one way system is annoying, traffic when the roads are closed due to bomb scares are annoying, but I love it here :smile:
Ive met loadsa people through work.
You just need to be careful about what you ask or say as some people can be very defensive. I do find it odd that n.i seems to be 20 years behind england but never worry!
And I have had my car smashed by drunk students which I wasnt happy about but things could be worse! Its a lovely safe place otherwise, especially at weekends when everyone seems to disappear!
Never worry too much, the place is lovely. Being in england I dont think we're taught much about n.i but you would love it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pharmacy and Biomedical sciences :smile:
Sent my Actuarial Science application 2 days back...looks like there isn't anyone else applying for AS at QUB on TSR (at least as of today) :P

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 14
Got an offer for MSci Maths & Comp Sci, AAA
Original post by UserAlex
Got an offer for MSci Maths & Comp Sci, AAA

When did you send your application? How long did it take for QUB to reply to you?

Sent from my iPhone
Has anybody had an offer for Geography? Everybody seems to be getting offers for biomed and social sciences but not Geography :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
When did you send your application? How long did it take for QUB to reply to you?

Sent from my iPhone

about a month ago, so roughly a month
Alright, thank you (:

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 19
Law! So nervous in case I don't get an offer! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest