The Student Room Group

why?!

Why would a guy not want to be friends with a girl when he has a girlfriend? where he will be really distant and sometimes act like a jerk even though he thinks the girl is awesome and has got on with her before? is it because he likes her?
Reply 1
possibly.

possibly not, maybe his girlfriends saying to distance himself from you and it's stressing him out

confront be like why all the weird off behaviour?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ebony19
possibly.

possibly not, maybe his girlfriends saying to distance himself from you and it's stressing him out

you probs made her feel uncomfortable as she was speaking in 3rd person but i like how you looked at things from a different perceptive thats good
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Why would a guy not want to be friends with a girl when he has a girlfriend? where he will be really distant and sometimes act like a jerk even though he thinks the girl is awesome and has got on with her before? is it because he likes her?

Maybe his girlfriend is a crazy ***** who has forbidden him from having any friends of the female species.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ebony19
possibly.

you probs made her feel uncomfortable as she was speaking in 3rd person but i like how you looked at things from a different perceptive thats good
Reply 5
Original post by mrdetermination

Ok. . .
Reply 6
Original post by mrdetermination

calm down was it necessary to say this 3 times? I doubt she's bothered she's anonymous
Reply 7
why has this thread become so special?
Maybe he wants to keep his distance from you (I presume) so that he doesn't do anything he might regret?!
Original post by Ebony19
why has this thread become so special?

Are you jel?
Reply 10
Original post by Chukkeigh
Are you jel?

excuse me what?
(edited 10 years ago)
I have many male friends that, as soon as they get a girlfriend, disappear off the face of the planet. Some guys think that they'll upset their girlfriend if they talk to other girls. There are some crazy girls out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
The boy probably knows his girlfriend will get jealous, and sees it as a win on all fronts if he just doesn't talk to the girl!
Original post by Ebony19
excuse me what?

As in are you jel?
Original post by Anonymous

I generally cut back to a degree on my friendships with other women when I am in a relationship out of simple respect for my partner. I don't need her suspecting my intentions, I don't want her stressing out about it even if I am not meaning anything bad.

Nothing personal, but a smooth relationship with my partner tends to trump the closeness of whatever friendship with any given girl I have at the time. I tend to prefer reasonably mature people so most of my female friends respect that when I am in a relationship it's not really appropriate for me to be running around with them laughing away and goofing around the way I would do when I'm single.

oddly enough it isn't always "because his girlfriend is crazy jealous and forbids him from having female mates".

In this day and age that sort of attitude just ends in a dumping pretty quickly, it's irrational.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Chukkeigh
As in are you jel?

jel of what??
His bird don't want him to have any female friends
Reply 17
I get why a guy would distance himself when he has a girlfriend but what about acting like a jerk and purposely trying to piss the person off?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending