The Student Room Group

had to put bad grades on ucas and now scared, does it matter?

i finished off my ucas and i had to put down my qualification history. although i am doing an access to nursing and midwifery course i failed my last degree and have really bad a levels which i had to list. i feel my personal statement is strong but i fear that i will be judged on my bad past. is this the case?
Well they're not just going to ignore the fact that you've got a failed degree and a string of bad A levels trailing behind you, but hopefully it won't count against you too much. It's definitely not going to look good though, I think you'll probably be questioned on it. If your statement is good then you're in a much better position. There's always a way though. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
I don't think it should matter too much they will be more interested In your access grades. Your tutor atm must see some potential in you, plus you don't say how long go these were if there's been a gap in education then could just put in down to age we all make mistakes and if your personal statement is strong I would say you have as much chance as anyone x :smile: I had to put bad GCSE grades on mine but I still got an interview last year for midwifery, unfortunately it just wasn't my yr . I haven't been put off though and joined the ucas rollercoaster again lol. I've applied this year for adult nursing after completing an access course and coming out with really good grades so I'm hoping it shows progression and how hard I'm willing to work towards getting to where I want to be. good luck x
Reply 3
my gcse's and a levels where about 7 years ago and uni was like 3-4 years ago! to be honest it was all down to age i was just immature and didnt know what i wanted to do with my life. i have worked it out now tho =]
Reply 4
I'm sure they will take everything into consideration x I'm 32 so has taken me a long time to work out where I want to be :biggrin: What branch of nursing are you applying for and where ? I sent my ucas off around three/four weeks ago and the waiting is awful. I didn't think second time round it would be so bad but I think its actually worse haha.
Reply 5
my tutor told me that i have all my relevant grades like my 5 a-c's at gcse so i should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest