The Student Room Group

To guys! Whats the best perfume for men?

I can't even remember who I was buying this for
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I use Armani Code or one million, it always gets noticed and i've had a fair few random girls come up to me at work and mention it. Only thing is they're both quite generic I.e lots of people use them.
Reply 2
Armani code is nice and i really like the jean paul gautier one as well (the blue torso bottle)

not a guy but still...
Reply 3
If you want something interesting and little used, try Terre D'Hermes or Prada's Amber Pour Homme Intense (which smells gorgeous, sexy and expensive). The JPG one mentioned above is also pretty nice.

Parfum > toilette, if you can/want to afford it.
Armani Code is definitely good as the posters above have said but I think its too common.

Lacoste Rouge is really nice imo. YSL's Rive Gauche is also really good.

Terre D'Hermes is the best I've used. Its about a 100 quid and absolutely top notch. Smells great and lots of compliments. Would make quite the gift, this.
Reply 6
Boss Orange, classic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The one that doesn't smell ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Thinking of a birthday present but I am quite unsure. I don't know much about men's perfumes so hoping you guys could help me out!:colone:
Any under a £100 would best fit my budget.

I really love the smell of CK one and CK Eternity Aqua. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance:colondollar:
Pheromone spray.
Reply 9
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Thinking of a birthday present but I am quite unsure. I don't know much about men's perfumes so hoping you guys could help me out!:colone:

Original post by Incredimazing
The one that doesn't smell ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on now, be nice. She only wants some advice.

My personal favourites that always get me one person or another telling me that I smell gorgeous are:

- Caroline Herrera - VIP for men ; both 50 and 100ml fit your budget
- Paco Rabanne Variations. 1 million is absolutely great. The usual 1 million smells nice, and the 1 million intense that I got as a sample was also great. Oh and I almost forgot about Paca Rabanne Dark XS, try it!
- Givenchy Play and Givenchy Gentlemen Only smell absolutely beautiful.

I think those 3+ options give you a strong base of option for gifts. They all fit well under your £100 budget and will probably have you hugging him for longer than you already do.

Of course, you can go in and try them out first without buying 'em or paying anything. Just ask any shop assistant for a sample of the fragrance.
Reply 10
Original post by Icycandle
x

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by abhiksetia
Armani Code is definitely good as the posters above have said but I think its too common.

Lacoste Rouge is really nice imo. YSL's Rive Gauche is also really good.

Terre D'Hermes is the best I've used. Its about a 100 quid and absolutely top notch. Smells great and lots of compliments. Would make quite the gift, this.

Original post by Mr Porter
If you want something interesting and little used, try Terre D'Hermes or Prada's Amber Pour Homme Intense (which smells gorgeous, sexy and expensive). The JPG one mentioned above is also pretty nice.

Parfum > toilette, if you can/want to afford it.

Thanks! I have tried Terre D'Hermes which is brilliant! I just didnt know the name!! :redface:
I use Chanel Bleu, its amazing.
Reply 13
Original post by Dr.Ugs

Some of my favorites and what i use are Blue De Chanel, Versace Pour Homme, Tom Ford EDT! Do smell this 3 before buying anything....they are absolutely amazing smell :smile:
Original post by christopher23
I use Chanel Bleu, its amazing.

This definitely. Also, if you're willing to pay, anything from House of Creed (particularly green irish tweed or Aventus or Original Santal). If you're looking for something fresh, I'd go for L'eu D'Issey or Acqua Di Gio or Allure Homme Sport. I second the Terre D'Hermes mention and you might also want to try Guilty by Gucci and anything by Thierry Mugler (Pure Malt tho:sogood:)
Reply 15
Hermes fragrances are fantastic, especially the peppery ones but they're pretty pricey (a bit more than you're willing to pay). Go for the Acqua Di Gio like the guy above said with that price range.
(edited 10 years ago)
If you want to get them something that no one else will have then nasomatto black afgano is the one. Premium price but premium fragrance
Reply 17
Like a BOSS.
Perfume UK or parfum is a mixture of fragrant essential oils or aroma compounds, fixatives and solvents used to give the human body objects, and living spaces "a pleasant scent.
Sweat

Quick Reply