The Student Room Group

Boots christmas temp help?

I started yesterday as a boots christmas temp, work 9 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday.. I get paid around £6.37 an hour (I think) and I'm 17

I forgot to ask them yesterday if they paid double time for Sundays or if it was just the same as the rest of the weeks pay?

Can someone help, thanks!
Reply 1
Same as the rest of the week's pay. I've never heard of anywhere offering double pay for Sunday, why would they?
Reply 2
B&Q do too.. I'm sure boots used to at least

thanks for the help!
I've worked for Boots for a few years, and there's definitely no extra pay for sundays
Original post by syrettd
Same as the rest of the week's pay. I've never heard of anywhere offering double pay for Sunday, why would they?

My Mum's a nurse and she gets double pay on a Sunday. I'm a freelance writer and I charge extra on a Sunday (but of course whether people accept this rate or not is entirely up to them).
Reply 5
Original post by magicalwishes
I started yesterday as a boots christmas temp, work 9 hours Saturday and 6 hours Sunday.. I get paid around £6.37 an hour (I think) and I'm 17

I forgot to ask them yesterday if they paid double time for Sundays or if it was just the same as the rest of the weeks pay?

Can someone help, thanks!

They don't do extra pay on Sundays however you're already on/slightly above adult's minimum wage so you've got a good start
Reply 6
did boots ever pay u on time and the correct amount ? just curious if its just my daughter that seems to be messed about and chasing her wages? #boots

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending