The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Life Sciences Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Had my interview today and got made an offer of AAA right after. :smile:

It was pretty informal and the rest of the day comprised of a tour and a lab demonstration. The tour guides were really helpful and all in all was a great day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by MarkProbio

It was pretty informal and the rest of the day comprised of a tour and a lab demonstration. The tour guides were really helpful and all in all was a great day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done! hope to see you next year then! :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Egos
well done! hope to see you next year then! :wink:

Thanks! Just need to get the grades. Really loved the facilities and its definitely confirmed its place as my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Thanks! Just need to get the grades. Really loved the facilities and its definitely confirmed its place as my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

good luck! even if you do not get the grades, they may be a little bit lenient because it is your first choice. however, do get the grades!
Reply 24

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done Mark!
Reply 25
Thanks! If anyone has any questions about the day then feel free to ask. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! If anyone has any questions about the day then feel free to ask. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many people were there, and did they integrate different subjects in parts of the tours, or was is kept separate throughout?
Reply 27
Original post by William Turtle
How many people were there, and did they integrate different subjects in parts of the tours, or was is kept separate throughout?

A whole lecture theatre. I'm not sure how many people that is but I'd say a few hundred. They did integrate people from biomedical science with biology applicants for example but in general one of your tour guides did your subject. It doesn't matter because everyone does the same modules in first year. Your interviewer is a PhD student or post-doc academic who studies what you are applying for. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
A whole lecture theatre. I'm not sure how many people that is but I'd say a few hundred. They did integrate people from biomedical science with biology applicants for example but in general one of your tour guides did your subject. Your interviewer is a PhD student or post-doc academic who studies what you are applying for. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thanks. Any biochem applicants? :biggrin:
Reply 29
I was in a group with one biochemist but mainly biomeds and biologists! They were probably in a separate group so they could visit the chemistry school. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Anyone got an invite to an interview day on the 13th of November?
Also has anyone else applied for Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Hey guys :biggrin:

I received an invitation by post for an interview on the 4th of December. Even though I've got a letter, I haven't received an Email yet from Manchester, is that normal? Will I receive an email later on? And do I just send the reply slip back as a form of confirmation or should I wait for the email to come? Thanks:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by zeb786
Hey guys :biggrin:

I received an invitation by post for an interview on the 4th of December. Even though I've got a letter, I haven't received an Email yet from Manchester, is that normal? Will I receive an email later on? And do I just send the reply slip back as a form of confirmation or should I wait for the email to come? Thanks:smile:

You should get an email because you have to log onto their site and confirm your place. That said I don't think I got a letter at all so just check if it says to do differently for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hey guys I have an interview for Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language on the 20th :biggrin:!!
Reply 34
My brother does PhD maths at Manchester and PhD students do the interviews, he says there's nothing to worry about. Like previous posters said its just to confirm your interest. But nothing wrong with preparation - just don't stress! :smile:

I have a maths interview on the 20th :wink: may be your brother!
Reply 35
Original post by VK96
Hey guys I have an interview for Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language on the 20th :biggrin:!!

Nice one! I have an interview for Microbiology on the 20th too :biggrin: I'm nervous but reading this thread has made me feel a bit better :smile: I couldn't confirm my place in the interview like a couple of people earlier in the thread, I got the e-mail yesterday so it's early days but I e-mailed the admissions department anyway. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by Andaxay
Nice one! I have an interview for Microbiology on the 20th too :biggrin: I'm nervous but reading this thread has made me feel a bit better :smile: I couldn't confirm my place in the interview like a couple of people earlier in the thread, I got the e-mail yesterday so it's early days but I e-mailed the admissions department anyway. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you :biggrin:

Nice one! I need to confirm mine before the 15th and need to write another personal statement for it by the 18th aarghhh
But yeah good luck to you too, I'll be the really nervous guy sitting there if we see each other :tongue:.
Reply 37
Original post by VK96
Nice one! I need to confirm mine before the 15th and need to write another personal statement for it by the 18th aarghhh
But yeah good luck to you too, I'll be the really nervous guy sitting there if we see each other :tongue:.

You have to write another statement?! What for? Mine needs to be confirmed before the 15th too which is why I e-mailed admissions. No reply yet haha but I'm going to try and confirm again today anyway. I'll be the short girl chewing her nails down to the fingers so I'll wave if I see you XD
Reply 38
Original post by Andaxay
You have to write another statement?! What for? Mine needs to be confirmed before the 15th too which is why I e-mailed admissions. No reply yet haha but I'm going to try and confirm again today anyway. I'll be the short girl chewing her nails down to the fingers so I'll wave if I see you XD

It's because I'm applying for medicine too, so that's why.
And you may be tall to me cause I'm no giant either haha.
I'll look out for the short girl chewing her nails then!
Hi, I've applied to Manchester uni too for Microbiology. And I was wondering how long it took for you to be offered an interview? I sent my UCAS off on the 25th of October. I have 2 offers, from Reading and Surrey. I'd love to get into Manchester though as it is close to home and I can put it as my backup in case I randomly decide to not move away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending