The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2014

Haven't seen a thread for 2014 applicants on here, so thought Id make one.

I am applying to study History next year and I am hoping to get my application sent off in the next few days.

Also applying at Sheffield, Edinburgh, Swansea and Aberystwyth.

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking about applying for European Studies with French, although I quite like their new course in Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Studies. I wonder why so few people on TSR are interested in Aberdeen, it feels a little disconcerting... like they know something I don't? :hmmmm2:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
I've applied for Civil and Environmental Engineering, and have also applied to Belfast, Cardiff, Exeter and Surrey :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Samual
I'm thinking about applying for European Studies with French, although I quite like their new course in Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Studies. I wonder why so few people on TSR are interested in Aberdeen, it feels a little disconcerting... like they know something I don't? :hmmmm2:

People are put off by the fact that it is quite a trek. 7 hours from London, so people are naturally put off from applying here even though it is a well respected university.
Reply 4
I'm applying for law :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm applying for Maths :biggrin:
Aberdeen is my 'Backup' option, but I really wouldn't mind going there :biggrin:
I'm applying to start in 2014 to do politics and philosophy and I really hope they accept because I love it there!!!:biggrin::o:p:biggrin::biggrin: I'd say 1st choice
Hey guys, I'm a first year student currently studying French + Spanish if anyone wants any questions answered about the courses, structures, application process or any general questions really :awesome:
Reply 8
I have already applied for Neuroscience with Psychology along with my four med school choices :smile:
Reply 9
I hope that Aberdeen will be my insurance choice for History

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Finally got my application off today after my reference was completed. :smile:

Fingers crossed!
Reply 11
I applied for Biology on the 10th of October 2013 :biggrin:
Reply 12
Hey guys! Im applying for Economics&Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ollexandra
I have already applied for Neuroscience with Psychology along with my four med school choices :smile:

Hey!

I've applied for the same thing ! Have you heard from Aberdeen?:biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Hey guys, I'm a first year student currently studying French + Spanish if anyone wants any questions answered about the courses, structures, application process or any general questions really :awesome:

Hey!

This is about the application process...may I please ask when you applied and when you got an offer? I'd like to get a feel about how long Aberdeen usually takes to reply?

Thank you:colondollar:
Original post by Shewa
Hey!

This is about the application process...may I please ask when you applied and when you got an offer? I'd like to get a feel about how long Aberdeen usually takes to reply?

Thank you:colondollar:

Heeey well unfortunately they were the last to get back to me haha. I applied early December and they replied late on in April, so certainly not one for early offers if you are not a certain unconditional applicant. Best of luck :smile:
Hola guys :smile: I'm applying for General engineering and I know it's going to be hard to get in considering I'm from EU, so I need lots of luck and a good personal statement :wink:. Anyone know if Aberdeen gives out offers early?
Reply 17
Original post by MissWorryALot
Hola guys :smile: I'm applying for General engineering and I know it's going to be hard to get in considering I'm from EU, so I need lots of luck and a good personal statement :wink:. Anyone know if Aberdeen gives out offers early?

From what I have heard from previous applicants, Aberdeen and possibly Scottish Universities in general are one of the latest to not only respond either way but give offers out too.

Apparently its around February at the earliest but most likely around March time. Don't hold me to that because I am only going by what others have said.

Hopefully not too long! Good luck :smile:
Reply 18
I'm an Aberdeen applicant!!! Wahoooo. What are everybody's AS and predicted A2 grades? My AS grades were AABC and I'm predicted AAAB (already achieved one A!). I'm studying English and Philosophy!
Reply 19
My AS grades where AAAACU (A's in Maths, Further Maths, French and Chemistry, the C was in Physics and the U in General Studies.) and I am predicted A*AAB (Dropped French, and B in Physics.)
Although these grades are way above what Aberdeen are asking for (Applying for Mathematics, they are asking for 3 B's), I really want to go, It looks like a really good uni.

Quick Reply

Latest