The Student Room Group

HKU/HKUST Applications' Advice needed

Hi guys, desperately in need of some advice :eek:

Do I stand a chance of getting into HKU/HKUST? I would like to apply to the Bachelor of Economics (BEcon) at HKU; and to the School of Business & Management at HKUST, ultimately majoring in Bsc Economics & Finance. I would apply through non-jupas for 2014 admission and am hoping to apply through fast-track as that gives me more than one chance, but I'll probably fall straight through to the main round without any offers anyway :/

So my results:
GCSE's + IGCSE's = 9A*s, 1A
but AS = ABBCC (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, French, General Studies)
A2 Predictions = A*AAB (don't have a prediction for General Studies, just a compulsory subject done at my Sixth Form)

So basically I underachieved in my AS exams and I read that many people who are applying got like at least 3 - 5 A's in their AS's. Besides, for HKU, I'll have to upload my Statement of Results with my UMS marks as well. I had rather low marks for the 2 French modules, evidently leading to a grade C, and in Further Maths, I got a B in S1 and C in FP1 even though I got 80 and 90 + UMS for all the other maths/further maths modules. So do I still stand a chance of applying?

Btw, does anyone know what typical offers are for these courses, as they are obviously not stated on their websites, and I saw that quite a few people got offers of 3 - 4 A*s, but for courses like Law, which is absolutely horrendous :s-smilie:

And If I do apply and luckily get an interview offer, do you know if I can 'choose' a phone interview or skype interview (non-jupas/international), I doubt it but it's just that my internet connection at home breaks down quite a lot so I wouldn't want that to happen during a skype interview.

Also, I have to submit my Statement of Results with my UMS marks for HKU's application, but does anyone know whether it's compulsory for HKUST's application?

Thanks a lot in advance! Fast Track Deadline in 3 weeks so any help/advice greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
Hi I have no idea but just wanted to tell you that I'm applying HKU fast track non-jupas but I am only just doing my AS. I got 9A*s and 3As which isn't that particularly amazing too so I'm guessing I really wouldn't have a chance.
hhaa don't worry you will get in, just get at least A*AB by the end of September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending