The Student Room Group

Anyone had experience of appealing their uni grade?

I have a hearing on Friday to appeal my 2.2 at uni with a Committee. Basically, I was diagnosed with depression after uni, which i suffered throughout the course soon after I started for a number of reasons (injuries affecting sport which I play to a high standard, eating disorder and death of a friend) and thus decided to appeal my grade, as the depression prevented me from studying to the best of my abilities. This has followed a written appeal i have sent at the department at uni asked for the grade to remain the same, which is usually the case, because they claim that there is no link between mitigation and lowered performance, plus that I had opportunities to tell them about it but i didn't. My argument is that the depression affected my studies beyond the 1% I missed out on and it was very difficult to open out about it for numerous reasons. An investigating officer found that I have a case for a hearing.

Has anyone had any experience of university appeal hearings successful/unsuccessful. I am a rather anxious and would be grateful for some help! What kind of things are they likely to ask? And what are my chances? Thanks.
Reply 1
How did the appeal turn out? Was it successful?
Reply 2
Original post by Sslucy
How did the appeal turn out? Was it successful?

Sorry for 6 month late reply.

But yes it was :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest